A lot of dog owners, especially who own long furry dogs thinks that fur cause problems like allergies and allergic asthma but it’s not the case. The fur itself does not create any of such issues, but it can be a home for allergies. And maybe if pets are asthma trigger for you, then you are allergic from the proteins dander, urine, saliva. If you are sensitive to these, then the best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma is your need to deal with all related issues.
The best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma filter and clean the inside air from the smallest particles, trap the allergies and other tiny substances from the air, ensure clean and fresh air reaches to your family members. Our top five picks are:
5 Top Rated Air Purifiers For Pet Allergies And Asthma
Why Do Animals Cause Allergies and Allergic Asthma?
If you or your child is sensitive to the proteins discussed above, then touching or breathing them in causes your immune system to overreact and release a chemical called histamine that leads to an allergic reaction, and you will witness the symptoms discussed below.
If you’re sensitive to these proteins, touching or breathing them in causes your immune system to overreact and release a chemical called histamine, leading to an allergic reaction. Symptoms can include red, itchy and watery eyes and nose; sneezing; coughing; itchy or sore throat; itchy skin; and most dangerous of all, difficulty breathing.
How Do Pet Allergens Occur?
Pet allergens are microscopic and lightweight, and due to these characteristics, it remains suspended in the air for a long time. Their tiny size makes it easy to spread all around the house and easily stick to daily use items like toys and furniture, bedding; the fabric also not remain safe. Even the cases reported in large numbers where it’s found in buildings and public places where pets are not allowed.
Are Dogs Pose the Biggest Problems?
In the united states, dogs found in 32 percent of homes and cats are 27 percent, but more allergies and asthmatic problems reported because of cats, especially the female ones. Cats are more significant threats as compare to dogs when their allergies and allergic asthma come into account, but many people reported that problems that are related to dogs are more severe and worse. Many dog owners report that they are dealing with continuous smells, to deal with such issues recently come up with air purifiers for pet smells that are equipped with one extra layer of filter to eliminate smells from the air.
In the fur animals like dogs, fur itself is not a trigger, but its more likely to carry dust and other sources that can trigger the problem. Keep in mind short hairs, or hairless animals also contribute to dander and allergens to the indoor environment just like similar to fur animals.
There is no such animal that can be considered allergy-free, either its dogs or cats.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pet Allergies?
Here is a detail of symptoms; if anyone or multiple systems occurs, you must pay attention to the problem.
- Itchy and red watery eyes, swollen or blue color skin under eyes
- Nasal congestion, itchy nose or runny nose
- Sneezing or postnasal drip
- Cough or frequent upward rubbing of the nose
- Pain and facial pressure
If your pet contributes to allergen asthma, then you may witness under-listed sign:
- Pain or chest tightness
- Difficulty in breathing
- Exhaling sounds wheezing or audible whistling
- Sleepiness or trouble of sleeping
- Cough or wheezing
Usually, skin symptoms not commonly found, but in severe cases, you may suffer because allergic dermatitis is a specific pattern that may occur, which is an immune system reaction and cause skin inflammation. Especially if you have experienced once then you must not touch the pets or stay cautious about the under symptoms:
- Hives; red patches on the skin or raised skin
- Itchy skin
The best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma is an only long term solution where our and your pet will not suffer, we recommend to groom your pet often and select a quality air purifier from below listed ones.
5 Best Air Purifiers For Pet Allergies And Asthma
The best air purifier for pet allergies and asthma is an only long term solution where you and your pet will not suffer, we recommend to groom your pet often and select a quality air purifier from below listed ones. And when you are buying physically pay attention o these features.
- Best HEPA filter: it is a final line of defense in most of the air purifiers which trap small particles, filters that are able to trap 99.97 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns.
- Capacity: do not buy an under-capacity product consider the space where you have to use it and then pay attention o specification
Let’s move on to products:
1. Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier
Hathaspace Smart True HEPA Air Purifier design as a deodorizer for allergies and best for the home where owners suffering from pet allergies and allergic asthma. Because along with purifying air from allergies, it also can trap the odors and other volatile compounds from the air that causes allergies and asthma. It is also top-line equipment to clean the air fro Pollen, Dust, Mold, dander, pet hairs, organic compounds, and smoke. It makes the first spot on our list because of its 5 in one filter system and capability to clean from pet allergies. Its five in one air filtration system is:
- Nano Cold Catalyst Filter: the very first defense line to capture large particles
- Cellular Activated Carbon Filter: remove smoke, gases, and VOC as well as odors
- Antibacterial Filter: designed to trap bacteria and germs
- True HEPA Filter: clean the air to 99.97% while trapping the tiny particles up to 0.3 microns, its a last and most effective line of defense against allergies
- Ionizer: a mechanism to release negative ions to eliminate the bad smells completely
It is not only the allergies that you have to deal with when you are sensitive towards air quality; you also need to get clean air, which frees from all pollutants, and the product in the spotlight is all in one solution. Its ionizer can be separately controlled if there is no smell; you may turn it off and occasionally use it when you smoke or have to deal with kitchen odors and gases. While on the other side its ozone-safe, CARB approved and UL certified.
We recommend it most because its reasonably priced and a trustworthy solution that will serve you for many of the coming years. It works great, and you will witness significant improvement in your family members’ mood and health.
Its remote control will add a lot of conveniences and quiet operations will not disturb your sleep in the night.
2. Bissell Air Purifier for Home, Allergies and pet Dander
Bissell, 2768A Air320 Air Purifier for Home, Allergies, and Pet Dander is a product that specially designed for homes with pets. It’s an advanced product that is equipped with the three stages filtration system to clean the pets allergies, hair, and dander from the air. Its long life highly efficient filter works best in every weather condition and can trap the 0.3-micron particles as well as other stuff. The Bissell manufacturer is enjoying a good reputation in the market and making many different products for the pets.
Active carbon filter, which is known best in this category to eliminate odor and gases, is also part of its air filter. If you are dealing with common household gases like VOC and kitchen gases, then it’s a solution that will keep your inside air free from such things. An automatic feature is in place that can detect the air quality and will automatically adjust the fan speed on the optimal level.
It’s an energy-efficient and quiet air purification system that also equipped with night mode. That will ensure minimum noise during your rest time.
We recommend it up to room size of 1000 sq ft either it si living room basement or dining room.
3. Coway Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode
Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier with True HEPA and Eco Mode is a popular product among pet owners. Especially the household pet owner who have multiple pets at home love this product because it’s easy to clean its air filter, and its filter lasts for more time. It is a modern air purification system to clean the pet allergies, and to deal with allergic asthma comes with a filter replacement indicator so you will never forget to clean your filter and dirty one will not put pressure on the cleaning system.
We call it modern because it’s equipped with the vital iron system, which will ensure clean and odor-free air. So your family members will get fresh and clean air.
Timer and three fan speeds will help you to choose the air purification speed, and the timer will allow you to automate its operations.
4. Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier with
Coway Airmega Smart Air Purifier is an energy certified robust solution that consumes only 56 watts. It’s a product that will not add any burden to your pocket. We note, this pet allergy an asthma solution comes with one year of motor and electronic manufacturer warranty and five years for the parts. So, your investment will remain secure for this, period while this premium product will give your under-listed benefits.
- Available in two variants
- The true HEPA filter and activated carbon filter
- Equipped with washable and permanent pre-filter that will reduce the operational cost
- The smart mode that can detect the surrounding and turn on most favorable mode
- Filter indicator for both filter and timer
- Powerful Dual Suction
- Balance Of Technology And Design
The features that we like most is its brilliant color LED ring; this will keep you informed about the air quality that will help you to decide about the fan speed. We recommend it to those who can afford it well. It’s a one-time investment that will serve you for a longer time.
At your rest time, you will not feel any sound coming from this device because it generates only 43.2db sound, which is minimum in this category; it’s nearly silent.
5. Honeywell True Hepa Allergen Air Purifier
Honeywell True Hepa Allergen Air Purifier is a trustworthy and cost-effective option for large rooms. It can be used for a room of up to 465 sq ft, and can effectively trap the particles of 0.3 microns, which means it can clean the air to 99.97%. It’s made to trap pet allergies, hair, and dander as well as smoke, dust, pollen, and mold. While its last filtration layer eliminates germs and odors. It will help you to breathe easier because it will provide you clean and fresh air that is necessary to stay healthy. If you and your kids are suffering from pet allergies then it’s the right solution for all of your family.
You can enjoy a relaxed environment and can enjoy sleeping comfortably in your home. It used HRF-AP1 and True HEPA filter HRF-R3.
Its equipped with powerful quite and durable motors that can filter the air five times in an hour when running on maximum speed.
What Are Safety Measures to Avoid The Pet Allergies and Allergic Asthma?
We love our animals, and we like to spend time with them, but when a human being got an allergy from pets, it becomes hard to spend more time. Here is some advice that will not affect your bond to your pet and you can still spend quality time them. Avoid is the best treatment on an immediate basis, but you cannot keep your routine for a long time. Hopefully below ideas will work well for you:
- Start using a good quality air purifier which specially made for houses with pets, Hep and advances filters are best to use
- Groom your pets regularly, if you are allergic ask someone else to do this job
- Do not hug the dogs and cats when you are allergic to them
- Keep the pets out of your living room where you spend most of your time, use pet gates or keep them confined in some other area
- Vacuum regularly and prefer to use a microfilter bag to remove unwanted particles from the air
- If you are using carpets and rugs, remove that because they become safe houses for allergens
- Keeping a pet away can be a temporary solution for a household pet owner, but it’s not a permanent one, the allergens can make their way to inside through air.
- Change the cloths when staying in contact with your pets for a longer time
- Find another home for your pet when he is suffering from dander because it may take months to heal
- Keeps the pets away from fabric cover furniture, once the allergens get into the fabric it become hard to deal with them
- You may use over counter medicines to quickly solve the problem
- Forced-air heating and air-conditioning can spread allergens through the house very quickly and it’s hard to know when happening. Cover bedroom vents with dense filtering material like a cheesecloth or a buy a ready-made option
- Remove the animal furniture because these are sticky and it’s hard to fully sensitize the doggie things
- Talk to your doctor about allergy shots or immunotherapy.
When to see a doctor?
It simple, we list all of the symptoms above and if these symptoms persist for more then a week then prefer to consult with your doctor, at your own you may remain unable to find a valid reason but if symptoms prolongs for two weeks that confirm you are suffering from an allergy. A good quality air purifier like we listed above is also a good solution to deal with and once you suffer from such problem then its better to keep the air cleaning machine running.