Are you tired of paying high grooming costs to professional dog groomers? Or do you think that grooming your matted hairs dog at home is impossible? Or are you are a person who is hesitant to groom the dog at home because you cannot handle shears? And maybe you do not get time to take your dog for grooming, and he looks awful? If this is the case, the best dog clipper for matted hairs is your need. Professional dog grooming clippers make it possible for new dog owners to groom the dog at home.
The heavy-duty dog clipper for matted hairs can cut the hairs that are in an extreme tangle, easy to handle and easy to operate, handy for novices, and do not require any professional interference.
What Cause Mats in Dogs?
It is tough to understand what causes tangle in dogs; usually, breed with long fur suffer from this problem, and nor grooming dogs for a more extended period is a significant cause. When owners neglect their dogs for a much longer time, then, indeed, professional intervention becomes necessary.
Even best-intentioned dog owners who care for their dogs do not pay attention to timely grooming and find their dog has mats.
In case your dog suffers from this problem so often, then pay attention to the lifestyle of your dog, as it matters a lot. Dogs who spend most of their time outdoor remain more prone to this problem as they can catch different things from the outer environment that can be stuck into their hairs and cause mats.
Well, some breeds are more prone to get mats, especially the breeds with long fur, those who are heavy shedders and dogs with fine coated hair suffer from mats. Bichon Frise, Poodle, and Cocker Spaniel are at the top of the list. When you have a dog of any of these breeds, a professional dog grooming clipper is a must-have for you.
Things to Consider When Buying Best Dog Clippers for Matted Dair
While looking for a professional dog, grooming clipper, you need to consider a few factors that will help you to find the right clipper to groom your dog. Like:
Deciding Between Cordless or Corded
Well, the word cordless possesses and unique sense in itself that gives a feel of convenience, but when it comes to matted here, you need power, and you need reliability as well as performance.
Cordless clippers depend on the batteries that need charging, and cordless clippers do not provide enough power that you need to deal with matted hairs. So, we recommend giving preference to corded dog clippers. Cordless clippers may not reach to required speed that is required to clear out the matted coats.
Moreover, the majority of dog owners groom their dog at home where power remains available, not on remote location so going for cordless clippers is not necessary.
Weight and Size of Clipper
Bear in mind; you have to hold the clipper in hand and need to operate that for maybe up to one hour or 30 minutes; an extra-large size and heavy clipper can create handling challenges for you. It will tire your hand and make the whole process complicated.
Large clippers are indeed more powerful but handling those large dog clippers is not easy when it comes to cut the matted hairs. So, go for the right size that comes handy in your hand and also prefer lightweight dog clippers for matted hairs, which are easy to maneuver.
We advise a moderate size and lightweight option since you will likely be spending a reasonable amount of time on grooming your dog, and you will want something lightweight.
Please do not choose a much smaller size as smaller size clippers cause more vibration than itself, becomes a challenge for new domestic groomers.
Blades come as accessories with dog clippers, and you can choose one according to the size and style you want. The different manufacturer offers different type of blades; there are manufacturers which offer only one blade.
In case you love to give your dog a different look, then it is advised to consider the models that come with multiple blades as these blades make it easy to give different shapes to the fur of your dog.
While on the other side if one blade is retired you can use the second one.
It matters because when you are a professional groomer, you want the highest speed to finish your job quickly. While on the other side, domestic dogs’ groomers need a moderate pace that allows better control over the grooming process.
Usually RPM information is given on the package, the higher the number the more powerful the clippers.
Noise, Heat and Vibration
Extra compact and small clippers create more vibration, so do not go for that and look for the heat and noise level that they produce; this can find this information on the description and in the technical information section.
Go for a clipper that create less heat and minimum noise to stay comfortable while grooming your dog.
It matters because when you are a professional groomer, you want the highest speed to finish your job quickly. While on the other side, domestic dogs’ groomers need a moderate speed that allows better control over the grooming process.
Usually RPM information is given on the package, the higher the number the more powerful the clippers.
Noise, Heat and Vibration
Extra compact and small clippers create more vibration so do not go for that and look for the heat and noise level that they create, this can find this information on the description and in the technical information section.
Go for a clipper that create less heat and minimum noise to stay comfortable while grooming your dog.
Other than all of the above-listed features, you also need to look into maintenance requirements, especially the cleaning. A clipper machine that is easy to clean is best to groom your dog often. On the other side, if you choose to buy a wireless clipper, then only consider high-performance lithium-ion batteries.
Best Professional Dog Grooming Clippers for Matted Hairs
We tested and review more than 35 heavy-duty dog clippers and finally selected the below ones as best to share with our readers.
1. Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed Animal Grooming Clipper
We recommend Oster Golden A5 most; it the only product that we find competent enough to clean the tough matted hairs which are hard to manage. It is a durable and most powerful option; it not speedy as much other china made dog clippers are, but its trustworthy motor can cut all types of hairs.
At slow speed, it delivers 2,100 RPM and top speed its 2700 RPM; it’s an ideal choice for domestic dog groomers who are new to grooming or who groom their dog occasionally.
We recommend it for one dog groomer like you are a domestic dog owner, and you need to groom your dog twice in a month, then it’s the best dog clipper for matted hair and to groom your dog. It is among the top dog clippers in our list because of its a trustworthy and durable option. For one dog owner, it’s a one-time investment and real value to money.
- Ideal for domestic pet owners
- Easy to Handle, it’s lightweight
- It makes very low noise and vibration.
- Oster claims it as a professional dog groomer but we have not agreed it’s not the best choice for professional dog groomers due to its low speed.
2. Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe Dog Cat Clipper
There are thousands of dog owners and professional groomers who already trusted on Deluxe U-Clip to remove nasty hair and to groom their dog. It is at the top among best dog clippers for matted hairs. From fine to medium and from mated to manageable hairs it is an ideal grooming kit. In the price of the clipper, you will get a complete kit that will help you give the groom your dog quickly.
We recommend it on the basis of its low noise and vibration and we make our view on the basis of its performance. Thanks to its price and usability that makes it the best clipper for starters. At maximum speed, it moves up to 7200rpm which is good enough to clear matted hairs.
In case you are a new domestic groomer, its best for you as with this package, you will get all accessories and equipment that you need to groom your dog.
- It does well with all types of coats.
- Comes with bonus instruments.
- Available at a reasonable price.
- Poor Adjustable steel blades are not enough durable.
- Make earthquake-like vibration and it make more noise as compare to our top recommendation.
- Not recommended for scared type dogs.
3. AIBORS Heavy Duty Plug-in Pet Trimmer
- User Friendly – The pack is suitable for clipping hair of various lengths. Working sound lower than 60db, the expert dog hair clipper won’t frighten your pet.
- Anti Slip – The clippers have an anti-slippery layout.
- Wired Design – Dual voltage (110-240V) and the wire’s length make the clipping safe and convenient. Plug construction dog clippers ensure a steady flow of electrical energy.
The AIBORS Dog Grooming Clippers kit with 12V High Power is among the best professional dog grooming clippers on the market. In reality, lots of professional groomers rely on those clippers for their clientele. It is intended to groom all types of coats on all kinds of strains.
Each clipper has a Two-Pack Safe and Sharp Blade—the titanium-ceramic blade made from high tech nanotechnology. The sharpness is over ten times that of steel clippers. Hence, the ceramic clipper can cut on the second heavy coat, wavy fur coat, long coat, more significant than the conventional steel blade, and minus overheat situation.
If you’re looking for the best professional dog grooming clippers, then the AIBORS Dog Grooming Clippers kit with 12V High Power will not disappoint. These clippers provide significant results and dependable performance.
Although the AIBORS Dog Grooming Clippers kit using 12V High Power is a fantastic selection, but do take care of all the blades since there’s a possibility they can heat up. Take breaks between grooming sessions, if needed.
- Excellent clippers for large dogs.
- These clippers do the job safely and conveniently.
- We found it only good for small and medium sized dogs.
4. HONGNAL Pro Pet Clippers for Matted Hairs
- Long-Lasting Battery – Using a 5000mAh Li-ion battery, the pet clipper keeps running for around 8 hours. The battery may also be charged inside or beyond the clipper.
- Powerful Motor with Low Noise – The pet hair clipper comes with a 7000RPM motor of steady and robust electricity. It is fast and shaves the pet’s hair quickly. It neither snags nor yanks. The noise level is 50dB, and it’s a silent clipper for pets.
- The length cutter head could be changeable – Four guided combs are included in the bundle. Even without protection, the clipper cutter heads aren’t closely cut to guard pets.
While people have hair, dogs have fur. That’s why many keepers and groomers mostly use the best dog clippers money can purchase to keep their dog’s fur smooth. In case your dog’s coat is thick and hard, he may spend the whole summer being uncomfortable. Professional dog clippers can permit you to trim your dog’s skin, so he stays comfortable with no fur getting on its nerves.
HONGNAL Pro Pet Clippers possess the most advanced rechargeable battery creations. Truly, batteries powered by Lithium provide much more power, torque, and cost cycles, than regular batteries. They have no more memory effects compared to other standard batteries. The battery is composed in 60 minutes and lasts 90 minutes.
The HONGNAL Pro Pet Clippers provide a lot more torque than their competitors. A dog’s neck and back have a tendency to develop thicker hair, and many clippers will fight somewhat; however, the HONGNAL pro will kick in a gear that will make the entire cutting a very smooth experience for both the puppy and the groomer.
- Pets are likely to enjoy shaving with these clippers.
- The battery is a real deal in this one.
- Continuous operations heat it up.
5. Best Dog Clipper for Matted Hairs
- Stainless-steel blades – The clipper has a rubber grip for support and control, and it also has a quick-stop guard for protection.
- Battery – A LED light multi-level battery shows a quick visual indication of the remaining amount of battery.
- Less power more Productivity – Performance requires less power. The creepers have nonslip grips for comfort,
While most dog nail clippers may work for small- to medium-sized dogs, not all of them will work for big dogs. In case you are going to buy a set of dog nail clippers, you want them to work well and last quite a long time. A high-quality set of dog nail trimmers does not need to be costly; however, you do have to look closely at the substances from which they’re made in addition to the design.
Wahl Professional Animal Motion (Pet, Dog, Cat, and Horse Corded / Cordless Clipper Kit) includes a super-sharp stainless-steel double-bladed cutter using a tension spring for a smooth cut each time. The clippers are professional quality yet very inexpensive.
These trimmers come in 2 sizes for dogs of all breeds, and they function nicely on thick nails. These lightweight trimmers have a rubberized nonslip grip for control and comfort, along with a quick-stop shield for security.
This clipper offers very Constant Speed Control that will provide constant torque to power through rough spots.
- The clippers have a security lock for safety.
- They are suitable for small to medium-sized dogs.
- Large size may be too big for many dogs, and thick nails may require significant force.
6. Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Animal Clipper
- Precise blades – The self-sharpening blades are precise, and there is no possibility of harming the animal’s skin. Delicate pet skin is prone to cuts and bruises, but this clipper’s sharp blade wards off such worries.
- Two-hour running time – Installed with heavy-duty lithium-powered batteries that run the clipper for a long time. The equipment is short-circuited proof.
- Quick charge – Clipper can be charged within 15 minutes. You need not worry about the long-awaited time for charging.
The dog is considered the best companion of the man, and it’s our responsibility to keep the companion upkeep. The primary issue arises while tendering the grown hair of your pet. Although it’s a natural phenomenon and an indicator of your pet’s well being, the unwanted hair needs to be trimmed.
Leaving it untreated may render a dent into your pet’s precious life, hygiene could comprise, and the pet-man affectionate bonding stoops to the heights of depth.
Grown hair can be treated at saloons, but you have to spend a hefty amount and make frequent animal care center appointments.
However, the most cost-effective solution is to buy a clipper and trim your companion on your own. Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Animal Clipper is a heavy-duty, low noise, electric clipper to groom your pet dog.
The clipper is supplanted with lithium-ion batteries, while a special kit of colored combs is given to identify the thickness of your pet’s fur. The eleven-piece trimmer set is the need of every pet keeping home. This clipper can be the best gift for your dog.
You need not taking appointments from animal saloons. The reshaping of your pet is handy and a loud WHIZ away.
The clipper helps in trimming the hair short hence keeps your pet neat and clean. Wholesome health is ensured for wholesome health.
Regardless of the pet’s fur thickness, the clipper goes seamlessly. It is specially designed to trim thick and thin hair.
- Good for all small and medium sized dogs.
- The clipper ensures easy trimming.
- Wireless operations allow to groom your dog anywhere without worrying about power.
- Battery power is not enough to use it on large animals
7. AIBORS Dog Clippers Shaver
- Heavy-duty motor – Clipper is supplanted with 12 Volts heavy-duty battery to cut across the thick fur.
- Titanium Ceramic detachable blade – High-end titanium ceramic blades are given to ensure snag-free trimming. The high-end blade is shockproof and very precise.
- Low noise and vibration – It emits just 50 decibels of voice. This tone is in no way bothering the eardrums of a dog.
AIBORS Dog Clippers is a heavy-duty shaver to trim all kinds of dogs’ fur. The machine’s delicate design is conducive to cutting a single tooth-hair. The motor’s quality is state-of-the-art, and a power battery is ready to propel the blades into the thick and thin fur.
This quiet electric clipper is provided with a range of combs. A decent black color is eye-pleasing. R design titanium and ceramic blades are very sharp but precise. The blades are snag-free, and the fur of your dog cannot be hurt.
The blades are in four variations of 1.0, 1.3, 1.6, and 1.9 mm. The clipper is an easy solution to keep your pet tidy and happy. The heavy-duty clipper can also be used for professional purposes.
Four different sizes of combs are provided to help the newbies. You would get an idea about the thickness of the fur by these color-coded combs.
This clipper could prove to be a very cheap solution to your worries. Buying a one-time investment in buying chucks out the menace of spending manifold to professional trimming services. It is also conducive to the dog’s fur sensitivity.
Trimming keeps the pet tidy. Unkempt pets are prone to fall ill. Servicing the pet yourself enhances a time-long love bond between owner and pet.
- With this clipper, you can trim knots, soft, thick, and curly hair.
- It is highly compatible and could be used by anyone.
- It’s a lightweight option that allow easy trimming.
- Not worthy to trim thick fur, not enough powerful to cut thick hairs.
8. AIBORS Rechargeable Dog Clipper for Grooming for Thick Coats
- LCD digital display – The trimmer is presented with an LCD digital display for notifications.
- No hair clogging – the specially designed blades are clog-free.
- Handy usage – the clipper is easy to use and conducive for all kinds of dogs.
AIBORS Dog Clippers is a noiseless, cordless, heavy-duty, rechargeable clipper. The clipper can be used for trimming and full body clipping. The delicate blades are saved from pulls and cuts.
The real-time LCD helps you in accomplishing the task better. The charging reminder keeps track of the battery drainage. R-shaped clog-free blades are precise and sharp to the core. High carbon blades help in trimming the fur sharply and overheating the battery.
This useful device is needed for every pet tendering house. Trimming your pet on your own makes an affectionate bond with the pet to its owner. The dog remains jubilant owing to this extra care. Regular trimming also helps in boosting hygiene. It increases the mobility of the pet. This little clipper is the best gift ever for your pet.
- An unkempt dog doesn’t give a good impression. With this clipper, you can keep your dog active and tidy forever.
- The LCD display will keep you informed.
- Equipped with a powerful battery and long-lasting blades.
- Nothing found not to love
9. Professional High Power Dog Clippers for Thick Heavy Coats
- Taper level — the dog clipper has an adjustable taper lever
- Safety & Precision — combs provide additional safety and precision, Excellent for detailing the paws and tail and face and ears.
- Package: This dog grooming kit comes with all the tools you need to do the dog hair grooming: 1×dog Clipper, 1×Cleaning Brush, 8×Guide Combs
OMORC Dog Clipper is a 12 v high-precision and power-efficient clipper. The best thing about this clipper is that many groomers use this clipper to make dogs more attractive and beautiful.
In case you wish to trim your dog’s coat without hopping in the car for a professional groomer visit, then give these clippers a try.
The quality clipper has the right tapper level that is too good for your dog’s overall trimming. The dog clipper for matted hair comes with a sharp 26-tooth clog-proof cutter head and titanium blade in combination with a ceramic moving blade so you can adjust the shaving lengths by switching dial without having to change the blade.
A healthy coat is a good sight, but it may not be suitable for your dog’s overall health. Trimming is a must, and now with this quality clipper, you can do it in the comfort of your home.
- Ideal to groom all breeds
- Low noise and high performance machine
- Can be used for all pets
- Everything is up to expectations
10. Professional Heavy Duty Dog Grooming Clipper
- Heavy-duty – despite light materials, this door clipper for matted hair is heavy duty that will ensure a nice trim.
- Safe and sharp blade – the clipper has a sharp but safe blade that can trim the hair of your pet in the best way possible.
- The perfect package for grooming – the clipper arrives with a stainless steel scissor, comb, and a bottle of oil to make grooming easy for your pet.
Dogs frequently need the trimming of their hair for their better well-being. However, a trip to a vet can be expensive. In such a scenario, if you need anything to trim your pet’s hair on your own, it is a clipper.
The heavy-duty multi-speed corded HOLDOG pet clipper has the lightest materials. Despite the lightest material, it is a massive duty dog clipper for matted hair. This grooming clipper offers the ultimate portability and versatility, with a sleek design and strong motor for a safe and efficient trim.
This pet clipper keeps your pet looking good, with pro-quality trimmers that offer an ultra-quiet, low-vibration design. The clipper has the potential to keep your pets calm throughout the cut.
In case you’re after premium quality and efficient trim, you’re going to like this pet clipper. Versatile attachment combs run right through thick pet hair, and the low-noise design won’t scare your pets. You will be able to go through the whole body without any problem. The casing of this great Clipper is shatter-proof, so regular use will not pose a problem.
For too many specialists, the HOLDOG is the best heavy-duty dog clipper for matted hair. It is indeed a significant investment.
- The dog clipper makes grooming very easy.
- It is easy to use.
- Due to its wireless operations its only suitable for small and medium sized dog grooming.
11. Andis 22340 ProClip Professional Animal Grooming
- Quality level grooming – The Clipper ensures quality level grooming.
- Available in multiple colors – in case you are color conscious you can always get these clippers in your desired colors.
- Adjustable speed – the speed can always be adjusted.
When it comes to dog grooming, if you are grooming in your home or are a professional groomer, you need a reliable grooming choice. When you obtain the least expensive grooming clippers on the current market, odds are they are not likely to continue long.
The Andis 22340 ProClip clippers come in multiple colors, and they’re a super-duty clipper that’s one of the popular of all Andis products. These fall into a midsize cost category in contrast to a number of the other choices. They’re once more licensed to be professional-grade clippers.
This corded clipper set has 2-speed power which it is possible to adjust to your needs. It’s also equipped with a “quad drive” for prolonged blade life. These clippers are acceptable for all dog shapes and coats.
These clippers include four attachments, which can be acceptable so that you have choices. It’s a removable blade system and can be equipped with a size ten ceramic blade.
- Good for all sizes
- Suitable for quality grooming.
Yes, dog grooming clippers are different from human clippers. The best dog clippers for matted hair are heavy duty and more durable, as well as have more powers. The reasons to make them different and more powerful are: dogs have more hairs on their body as compare to human beings, and some breeds have thick and hard hairs that required a powerful machine for trimming. There is no match of professional dog grooming clippers with human clippers.
No, multi-speed dog clippers are better then the single speed dog clippers. The type and hardness and quantity of hairs vary on different parts of dog’s body. So, single speed machine will make it difficult for domestic groomer to give shape that he really wants. While multi speed dog clippers allow better control and on low speed a dog owner can easily trim the hairs on face and paws.
There can be several reasons the first one is its not specifically made to use on dogs, usually human grade hair clippers are ineffective on dog. or may be its blade is retired in that case it will not trim the hairs.
No, they cannot be sharpened. These blades are made with high quality material and their sharpness remain intact for much longer time. A groomer cannot sharp the blades at his own. Well few of groomers are in view that it can b sharpened with the sharpening stone but in reality its not possible.
For domestic dog owners its one-time investment when they buy a quality option, the blades and machine both can work optimally for many of year. Like in our collection we have one that is seven years old.
Three are two components inside that create heat the very first one is its motor and secondly the blades that move. Keep in mind poor quality motor and blades produce more heat and quality products nearly produce no heat.
Professionals use high speed and heavy duty wired dog clippers that can clear the mats and can cut thick hairs. In fact professionals also need speed along side performance so they always depend on heavy duty clippers. Oster and Wahl are favorite brands of professional dog groomers.
Oster and Wahl are two popular brands that professional groomers trust most.
They are corded and equipped with more powerful motors and durable blades that can cut thick matted fur.
It’s not necessary you can use the same dog clipper that you buy to trim the matted hairs. While on the other side if you have one than surely you can use.
Amazon is a best place to buy best dog clippers for matted hair.
Training is an essential part of the wellbeing of your dog. However, a trip to the vet for it can be expensive. You can save a lot of money and time by adopting the dog clippers we have reviewed. These slippers will allow you to strengthen your bond with your pet.