Fleas and ticks can cause serious health problems to your dog, which may include anemia, dermatitis, tapeworm, Lyme disease, etc. It’s important to keep your dog safe from this pesky infestation. The infestation might start from one pet but soon it will be everywhere in your home if not treated on time.
We list some of the best medicines, treatments, and prevention that you can use round the year to keep your dog protected from these nasty insects.
Seresto Flea and Tick Collar for Dogs
- Continuous 8 month’s protection: it is the best collar because it provides continuous 8-month protection from pesticides. Having this collar means having the surety that fleas and ticks are not going to create havoc on your dog’s skin in the presence of this fantastic collar.
- Repelling through contact: The beautiful thing about this collar is that it kills the pesticides through contact, It does not require the bite, so it is so desirable.
- A Blend of Great Ingredients: Seresto has brilliant active ingredients, including imidacloprid and flumethrin. For a collar to work wonders, it is imperative that the elements are released in slow concentration from head to toe, and this one does just that. Let’s say that your dog has some other skin problem other than fleas and ticks. With the consumption of these ingredients, that problem will also be resolved.
- Water Resistant: Another good thing about this collar is that it is water-resistant and will not stop working during swimming shampooing and other water-related activities.
- However, there are certain things that you need to consider. Make sure you do not bathe your dog when it has the collar on more than once a month. Also, it is a good idea to restrict the water activities of your dog so the collar can be much more effective. Trust this collar because a lot of vets have recommended it. It is odorless, nongreasy, and easy to apply.
- It can be used with other collars as well: Another good thing about this collar is that it can be used by different collars as well. Nothing will protect you from more monthly hassles than Seresto.
- You will not have to struggle with the installation of the collar. It is too easy to apply.
- It yields impressive results.
- The durability of this amazing collar is praiseworthy
Capstar Fast-Acting Oral Flea Treatment for Large Dogs
- Immediate Effect: people also know Capstar by the name nitenpyram, which is undoubtedly the best treatment tablet for fleas and ticks. You probably have no idea, but the constant itching is nauseating for your dog when it is suffering from flea and tick problems. The beautiful thing about this tablet is that it will start acting within 30 minutes of the administration. In most scenarios, it will work so fast that you will be surprised by its effectiveness.
- Available for Different Age Groups: this tablet is available for different age groups of dogs. You can get it for small or large dogs quickly. We recommend this oral treatment for tick and flea problems because it can rid your house of these nasty pesticides.
- The best one to break the Flea Cycle: it is imperative to break the life cycle of fleas so they cannot act and lay eggs. The beautiful thing about this tablet is that it violates the life cycle of these pesticides, and they become unable to put any eggs.
- Easy to Administer: it is effortless to administer Capstar. You can give this tablet to your dog as long as it keeps suffering from flea and tick problems. When you feel that it has stopped itching and scratching, then that means that it is free from any pesticides. Only then can you stop the administration of this tablet. It is entirely ok to give this tablet directly to a dog, if it is causing any trouble, it can be mixed in the dog’s food as well.
- The effectiveness of this amazing medicine is too good for words.
- It is safe for different breeds.
- A truly authentic product.
SENTRY Fiproguard for Dogs
- Kills Pesticides Faster: sentry will kill the pesticides faster. Some people think that it is ok to leave your dog unattended when it is the victim of these nasty pesticides. It would help if you never did that because once the infestation accelerates, then there is no going back.
- A Safe Alternative to collars and meds: it is for all such people who do not believe in collars or oral medicines. Having this topical prevention means having the protection for your dog for one month. You will have to apply it once, and it will keep repelling pesticides for the entire month.
- Best Ingredients: it has some of the best active ingredients that can repel even the nastiest of pesticides. Make sure you apply between the shoulder blades of a dog, so it yields practical results.
- It provides the protection for one entire month.
- It is too effective for words.
Adams Plus Flea & Tick Shampoo with Precor for Dogs
- Well Balanced and Light Repellent: prevention is a must if your poor dog is suffering from a flea problem. The dilemma with some of the preventions is that they contain strong repellents that may not be good for your dog’s health.
- Harmless: the best thing about using Adam’s shampoo is that it is harmless. It is undoubtedly one of the best shampoos that you can get for the safety of your dog from different pesticides because of its safety characteristics.
- Free Your Dog from Tick and Flea: you must remember that ticks feed on blood. Leave them unattended, and they will make your dog anemic. Prevention is the key, and with this fantastic shampoo, you can be confident that your dog will be freed from ticks and fleas.
- Full Protection for 28 Days: adam Shampoo will provide you with the chance to protect your dog for 28 straight days. It has powerful, active ingredients that have the potential to repel all pesticides. Along with repelling ticks and fleas, it will also repel mosquitoes and lice.
- Safe to use with Kids: it is safe to use in any environment, and kids can play in the presence of a dog if you bathe it with this shampoo. For better results, make sure that you bathe your dog every second day.
- Effective and it yields amazing results.
- Continuous protection for 1 month.
- Safe to use in the presence of kids.
Vet's Best Flea and Tick Home Spray
- A Well Reputed Brand: Before we say anything about the effectiveness of this spray, you must remember that Vet’s best has been serving customers for over 30 years. It has garnered fantastic reviews all over the world because of its compelling nature.
- Best for Homes and Dogs: The beautiful thing about this spray for fleas and ticks is that it can be used on both homes for dogs. Let’s say that a particular area of your house is infested with pesticides, including ticks and fleas. By evenly spraying the spray on the affected area, you can be sure that it is free of any pesticide.
- It can be used directly on your dog: for better results, it is completely ok if you use this spray directly on your dog’s skin. It has no side effects.
- Natural Ingredients: Another beautiful thing about this spray is that it has been made out of natural plant-based ingredients. Vet’s Best has a proven record, and its components have been tested in the laboratory separately. You can trust this product with all your heart.
- Sufficient for your dog and home.
- It repels mosquitoes and lice as well.
Hartz UltraGuard Collar
- Continuous protection for eight months.
- The active ingredients of the collar break the flea cycle.
Advantus Soft Chew
- Safe to use.
- It repels fleas faster.
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Advanced Strength Dog Shampoo
- It also repels mosquitoes.
Frontline Plus Flea and Tick Treatment for Dogs
- Effective for all size dogs
- A perfect blend of unusual ingredients.
Adams Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Cats and Dogs
PetArmor Plus Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs
- Safe to use
- It has a pleasant smell.
- It repels even mosquitoes.
CapAction Oral Flea Treatment Large Dog
- It starts working within 4 hours.
- It kills adult fleas.
- It is good to break the life cycle of ticks.
Bayer K9 Advantix II Flea, Tick and Mosquito Prevention for Small Dogs
- Safe to use
Sentry Flea & Tick Shampoo with Oatmeal for Dogs and Puppies
- Easy to apply
Zodiac Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs, Puppies
- It comes into effect immediately.
- It has non-toxic ingredients.
- The irritable symptoms in your dog are its only side effect.
Zodiac Flea & Tick Dog Collar for Small Dogs & Puppies
Flea Away All Natural Flea, Tick, and Mosquito Repellent for Dogs
- Well balanced
Flea Control Pet Relief, Flea Tick Spray For Dogs
- Too good for words
Oster Flea and Tick Shampoo with Oatmeal
- Long-lasting effect
Natural Flea & T
GreenfortNeo Pest Control Collar
ADVANTUS CORPORATION Advantus Flea Soft Chews for Small Dogs
Advecta II Flea and Tick Topical Treatment
TropiClean Natural Flea & Tick Shampoos for Dogs
Vet's Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray
Richard’s Organics Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs
Provecta Advanced For Dogs
Natural Care Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs
Ticks and fleas are the headaches of almost every pet owner. No matter how hard you try to prevent them from infesting your pet, one way or the other, they will find a way to barge into the furry world of your pet and turn it upside down. They are especially abundant in dogs, as dogs usually go out for walks. In a market full of bands who know nothing but to make false promises, it is hard to find the right product that will help you get rid of flea and tick issues and cause no harm to your dog.
Natural care fleas and tick spray is one such product that plays a reasonable role in shunning away these harmful parasites. Also, it does not just help get rid of fleas and ticks but also acts as a mosquito repellent. The 360-degree application that it possesses makes it easy for you to apply it to your dog.
In addition to being conveniently applicable, this spray is constituted of natural products like peppermint oil and clove extract, which play a leading role in getting rid of these pests. Extremely beneficial for your dog, highly effective when it comes to parasite problems, natural care flea and tick spray is what you have been looking for all your life to protect your pet and make his life full of comfort and peace.
VetriScience Laboratories Vetri Repel Spray
Amazon Brand - Solimo Flea and Tick Topical Treatment for Dogs, For Small Dogs
Pro-Sense 5 Flea and Tick Prevention for Dogs
K9 Granola Factory 100% Organic Flea & Tick Chewables
SENTRY Capguard (nitenpyram) Oral Flea Control Medication
Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Flea and Tick Shampoo for Dogs
Natural Care Flea and Tick Dog Shampoo
Fleebs Collar Dogs Natural Protection
What are Fleas and Ticks?
Some people show a perfunctory approach towards the fleas trouble and take so many days to get their dogs treated. Most of the people even refused to believe that these pesticides exist. therefore they do not do anything about them. They do not realize that these microscopic insects tend to multiply in thousands within a few days.
These fleas and ticks keep looking for breeding ground, and they thrive so well in a humid environment. Once they get a taste of your dog’s skin, they are not going anywhere.
Not only this, but a single little flea can give up to 400 bites to your dog within just 24 hours. Imagine how much pain thousands of them can cause. Imagine the shock of your dog. Imagine what it must be going through when these tiny pesticides keep on biting the poor fellow. That is why flea issues must not be taken lightly.
The moment you realize that something is bothering your dog, take him to the vet or buy the products that prohibit the growth of these vicious little creatures. In order to protect your pet and even your family from the wrath of fleas, you must be wholly familiar with what insects are and what troubles they have in store for you. You must remember that they are dangerous, and if you leave them unattended, things can go wrong for you.
How do fleas grow?
In most cases, it is believed that it is only the adult fleas that become the cause of various diseases and itching in pets, but the reality is otherwise. Even though adult fleas play a primary role in starting up the infestation, that role only covers up 5% of the problem. There is so much more to this flea trouble that you must know about in order to fight them and get rid of them actively.
Stage 1: The Eggs
It may be hard to believe, but a single little flea can lay up to 50 eggs in just a single day. Also, fleas thrive well in a humid environment. Within their lifespans, adult fleas can lay up to thousands of eggs on your pet’s skin.
The worst part is that these eggs do not just stay on your pet’s skin, but you can get rid of flea shampoos. The eggs are not sticky at all; that is why they do not remain in a single place. Whenever your pet moves, these eggs slowly fall off from its skin on the floor or carpet on which it is lying.
Wherever your pet goes, these eggs accompany him and drop at various places in your house, whether it’s your furniture, bed, or blanket. The flea problem is not just for your dog; it is for you and your home as well. It usually takes 21 days for these eggs to hatch, and that is where the horror story begins.
Stage 2: Larvae
Larvae are the next stage of the flea problem that hatches from flea eggs. Worms are a pain in the head because they cannot be traced at all. They can hide in dark and shady places on your carpet or furniture, and their microscopic size contributes a lot in this regard.
From flea faeces to dead skin cells, from hair to feathers, they feed on this organic matter. They are impossible to trace, and even your vacuum cleaner cannot find them and defeat them. Larvae are the real horror story in the flea infestation problem because everybody knows that it’s there, but nobody can see it.
Stage 3: The Immature Flea
At this stage, the larvae turn into the immature flea, the hidden enemy. In most cases, this mysterious enemy called pupae hides in its cocoon growing and waiting for the right moment to attack, but sometimes it hides for quite a long time.
They can sense the right amount of heat and carbon dioxide that gives them the signal to come out of their sheds and attack your pets. This is the climax of this flea horror story. There are thousands of pupae that attack your pet and cause turbulence in his happy life.
Stage 4: The Adult Fleas
This is the worst possible stage of the flea life cycle. Adult fleas have the habit of surviving in humid and warm places. When it comes to pet’s skin, that is the ideal habitat for them as the furry world of your pet provides them with the required heat and humidity.
These adult fleas keep on attacking your pet and keep on sucking his blood. This further leads to various skin diseases and even internal disorders. Your pet’s day and night are spent with continuous itching. While the adult fleas keep on biting and sucking the life out of your beloved pet, female fleas continue to lay eggs, and the flea life cycle keeps ongoing.
Types of Fleas
There is another horrifying reality associated with fleas. Fleas do not have a single type, in fact, and there are about 2000 varieties of insects all over the world. Different kinds of fleas have different sorts of preferences when it comes to the environment they want to live in or the host they wish to infest.
All of these fleas are equally harmful, and none of them is any less than the other. In the US, there are a total of 200 types of fleas, and the most common among them is the cat flea, but do not be fooled by the name. Another scary aspect of fleas is that they do not limit themselves to their favorite host animals.
Cat fleas may prefer cats, but they can equally cause harm to dogs too.
There are some common facts among all types of fleas that you must be familiar with to fight them effectively.
- Size: Almost all types of fleas are roughly the size of 1/12 to 1/8 inches. These small blood-sucking monsters can jump up to 30,000 times without taking a single break. They find it so convenient to drop because they have longer hind legs. Like most insects, fleas also have six legs that help them move around the furry skin of your pet without any hindrance.
- Mobility: Although fleas cannot fly, their tendency to jump helps them move from place to place quite effectively. They can jump as high as eight inches and as far as twelve inches in a single attempt. It is through their jumping that they move from places to places in a short period.
- Food: When it comes to food, fleas are like vampires. Adult fleas survive on their hosts’ blood, whether it is a cat, a dog, a deer, or any other animal. Immature fleas, as mentioned earlier, survive on organic matter that includes dead skin cells, flea feces, or even hair or feathers.
- Infestation: The surprising thing about the flea infestation is that the adult fleas that cause the most trouble can only survive for a week. In 100 days, the insects usually exist in the form of eggs, larvae, and pupae that are the hidden enemies, waiting for the right moment to attack your pet. When there is a proper remedy flea cannot survive on the skin of hosts.
- Bites: The most hurtful phase for your pets is flea bites. These bites can make their life miserable and full of anxiety. A single adult flea can bite up to 400 times within 24 hours.
According to studies, more than 70% of the flea bites occur in the first hour of their infestation. No matter how small they are, they can cause havoc of pain and suffering for your pet. The flea bites can cause many diseases, including Rocky Mountain disease, lymph disease, and even anemia. You may use flea and tick pills to quickly free your dog from this problem, later on, you can use prevention.
Flea is a real problem and it should not be left unattended.
Fleas and tick in dogs is a severe problem because they do not only remain limited to dogs; the infestation may start from the dogs because their body is most favorite to grow, but it can spread all over your house. So it’s necessary to prevent an infestation from invading your home and endangering your pet.
As a first step, you may start from your dog or cat, but consider all the places infested where your pet spends most of the time, like where he sleeps and where he rest and where he spends quality time with you like playing, etc. Under listed tips help you to clear the infestation fully.
- Think Flea’s year Round: We recommend using flea tick products round the year, many are in view its only a problem of summer because in winter we restrict the outdoor movement of our dogs. But this is not the case you need to stay cautious and protect your dog from infestation round the year.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions: never forget you are using pesticide products and misuse can be life-threatening for your pet, pay attention to age restriction and maximum dogs as well as break/time between two doses. Follow the directions carefully to keep your pet safe and to get better and effective results.
- Make a Routine: all of the above-listed products are effective and safe for dogs when used with due care, can be used again and again while following manufacturer instructions include them in your monthly routine to kills fleas and ticks as well as to keep your dogs safe from other insects.
- Keep the Dog Groomed: grooming of dogs matter a lot, especially the cutting, bathing, and brushing, keep the fur short, and prefer to give a bath every 15 days. Clean your dog after spending time outdoor.
- Keep Your House Clean: clean your carpets and bedding regularly, especially the favorite space of your dog where he loves to rest or sit near you. You may use pesticides to clear your house from integration. Carpets, bedding, and corners of your house, as well as your backyard, can be a good place for these insects to multiple, a regular cleaning put a full stop in their life cycle.
Well, it’s your care that can keep your four-legged furry friend safe from such tiny insects, and when he is infested you can trust on any of our above-listed recommendations. But keep in mind only treating the dog will not help you out; you need to focus on treating your home too like you can; vacuum the carpets and treat them with pesticide sprays, wash your bedding regularly as all as the bedding that your dog uses to rest.
We also recommend disposing of the waste immediately, either it’s waste coming from your kitchen, vacuum, or your dog waste, and don’t forget to spray around the yard.