As a dog owner, the best magnetic doggie door is what you might consider installing if you want to eliminate the inconveniences caused by getting up to open the door whenever your dog wants to leave the house or come in. The magnetic doggie dog door is an excellent way to grant your dog access without your physical presence.
|Top||BarksBar||BarksBar Large Plastic Dog Door with Aluminum Lining - 10.5 by 15 inches Flap Size | Pets Up to 100 LBS||Prime||Buy Now|
|Solo Pet Doors||Solo Pet Doors Automatic Electronic Dog and Cat Door (10" H by 8" W - Door Install)||Prime||Buy Now|
|Endura Flap||Endura Flap Pet Door Double Flap Wall Mount - Large Flap (10" x 18"), White||Prime||Buy Now|
These doors come with different features and designs, so it can be hard choosing the right model. In this post, we will discuss all you need to know about these doors. We will also recommend three of the best models that you can buy right now.
For trained dogs the magnetic in and out doors are blessing they can roam freely.
Magnetic Dog Doors
These dogs use a magnet collar tag and magnetic mechanism to allow the dog in and out of the house. There are several reasons why they are great for dog owners. For one, these doors are usually cost-effective, coming at cheaper prices than other models.
They do not require any battery power to operate, so you are free from spending money on replacements every year. Overall, they are excellent options compared to electronic doggie doors. However, they also come with their disadvantages. During installation, you must ensure that the magnets are close to each other. If they are too far apart, it might take several nudges by your do before it can pass through.
They are also relatively easier to break-in. The collars that come with these dogs are slightly bigger than your regular collar and heavier, so they might be better suited for larger breeds.
Benefits of Magnetic Doggie Doors
Getting a magnetic doggie door offers plenty of benefits to you and the dog.
- Comfortable: The magnetic door lets the dog leave the house whenever it wants. If you spend hours at work every day, the magnetic door ensures that your dog can leave the house and pass wastes.
- Exercise: Since your dog requires regular exercise to remain healthy, a magnetic doggie door comes in pretty handy. These doors let your dog out of the house and allow it to run around in the yard. Thus, it can get the correct amount of play and exercise that contributes to healthy living.
- Mental Stimulation: The sounds, smells, and sights outside the house can mentally stimulate your dog. Dogs that suffer from boredom will enjoy the ability to have fun without your physical presence. As the dog remains mentally stimulated, it releases any pent up energy that might have been channeled destructively.
- Convenience: Magnetic doors greatly contribute to your convenience. With this door installed, you can say goodbye to waking up to let the dog out. You can catch more sleep and spend your time on more important things than playing doorman to your dog.
- Security: These doors let your dog move in and out but also keep intruders and other animals away from your home. These doors also come in handy during emergencies since it allows your dog to leave home without needing your help.
- Door Protection: Some dogs resort to scratching the wall or doors when they want to go out. With a magnetic doggie door installed, your dog won’t do such because it wants to go out.
How to Find the Best Magnetic Doggie Door?
Considering the benefits of the magnetic doggie door, how can you choose the best one from all the options on the market? Here are some of the useful factors to consider that can help you choose wisely.
There are four main doggie door styles. These are door-mounted, wall-mounted, electronic, and sliding doors. The door-mounted units are the most common option and are installed in the lower part of a regular door. The wall-mounted units, as the name implies, are built into a hole in the wall. They are more difficult to install than the door-mounted units.
Electronic doors come with different features and are triggered by RFID signals. The sliding dog door is installed into sliding glass doors.
Consider the cost, ease of installation, and after-effects of these styles when choosing your doggie door.
The presence of a doggie door will change the way air flows in your home. Even if the door is closed, the thin material used in making it would not provide as much insulation as a wall or typical door would.
If energy efficiency and insulation are important to you, consider the effect that the dog door would have on your house’s temperature.
These doors are another entryway into your home, so you should rightly be concerned about the security mechanisms it has.
The best magnetic doggie doors come with a locking mechanism that stops intruders and other animals from gaining access to your house. Some models come with a chip reader on the dog collar that only allows your dog to enter the house.
Since your dog would regularly pass through the door, it is important to have a durable model that can carry the weight without sustaining damage. Doggie doors usually come with plastic or metal frames. If you have a heavy dog, you might want to invest in a doggie door with a metal frame. But if you own a small dog, a plastic frame would do fine.
Before you buy any door, you must consider the size of your dog. The unit might come with all the sensors, bells and whistles, and excellent features in the world, but it would be completely useless for you and the dog if it is too small.
Therefore, before making a purchase, compare the size of your dog and the size of the door.
1. Best Magnetic Doggie Door
This affordable doggie door offers your dog easy access in and out of the home. It is made of high-quality materials, which enhances durability. It also comes with other excellent features that make it one of the best magnetic doggie doors.
For one, it sports a telescoping frame with a magnetic closure. This magnetic closure is self-locking. The advantage of this is that it prevents unauthorized animals and intruders from entering the home.
It is super easy to install as it comes with an easy-to-understand instruction template to assist you. The unit also comes with an attractive frame ready to give you several years of hassle-free use.
2. Solo Pet Doors Automatic Electronic Dog Door
This model comes with a large door that allows dogs of different sizes to pass through without plenty of hassle. It is fully automated and comes in up to ten different sizes to choose the exact model that would suit your dog.
As a magnetic doggie door, it uses a magnetic tag mechanism. The advantage of this is that you don’t have to bother with batteries.
Additionally, unlike some other models, the magnetic tag is lightweight. This ensures that your dog wears it comfortably all day long. Overall, it is an excellent unit that you and your dog will surely enjoy having in the home.
3. Endura Flap Pet Door Double Flap
If energy efficiency is one major factor that you are concerned about, then your fear would be alleviated by this model. The Endura Flap Pet Door comes with a pair of flaps that helps to keep the heat or cold out of your house.
As a magnetic door, it comes with three-sided adjustable power magnets. These ensure that the door stays shut despite raging winds up to 50 miles per hour. The model also sports a clip lock that shuts the door when you are not around.
Furthermore, these magnets can be adjusted to allow your dog to pass through with just a nudge. You can choose from up to four different sizes.
Choosing a magnetic doggie door can be challenging if you do not know what to look for. We hope that this post has given more insight into choosing the right model for your dog.