Our four-legged friends need to engage in physical activity to stay in good health, and it’s also necessary to keep them naturally fit and active. Most of us allow them to roam and enjoy their off-leash time around the yard. It can be a good idea to get them the exercise they need, but it can be dangerous when they benefit from no physical boundary and wander too far.
If we cannot monitor them during the off-leash time, then there should be a solution. Here the need for invisible wireless and electric dog fences arises.
The best invisible dog fence allows to set up an invisible boundary. It comes with a wearable collar called receiver that provides a warning when the dog goes near the boundary and a static stimulus when he breaches the boundary. An invisible fence can be a complete wireless solution where the base unit emits radio signals to mark the circular boundary or an in-ground fence with a wire buried around the property; both technologies/solutions serve the same basic purpose.
Preventing your dog from leaving your property can be challenging when there is no physical boundary or monitoring. It can create many problems for you like complaints from neighbors, or maybe he lost, and you need to search him all over.
Electric dog fences use negative reinforcement to keep the dogs contained, and when your dog is new to it, you need to train him well to understand what to do when he received a warning or stimulus.
We researched dozens of fences, and finally, we selected the below listed to limit your dog’s roaming space without restricting his movements. While we also share a detailed review of 30+ invisible electric dog fences.
Our Top Five Recommendations of Invisible Dog Fences
|1. PetSafe Wireless Dog Containment System |
|2. Extreme Dog Fence - In-Ground Fence |
|3. PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence for Dogs |
|4. My Pet Command Wireless Underground Dog Fence System |
|5. PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs |
Most of the electric dog fences include an audible signal before electric plus that provides a chance to avoid the static correction. Dogs learn quickly and respect the beep to avoid the shock. When a dog disrespects and ignores the beep and shock are sent, it startles the dog, but it’s not painful when the apparatus is set appropriately.
Types of Invisible Dog Fences
There are three main types of electric dog fences; all of these types fall in the category of invisible dog fences that understand the use and the working style of these fences will help you a lot to select the right fence to keep your dog contained.
- Wireless Dog fences
- In-Ground Dog Fences
- Above Ground Dog Fences
These fences have one common component that collars. It is a receiver that the dog wears with a collar, equipped with sophisticated electronics, rechargeable battery, and contact points that deliver static correction to dogs. For monitoring, dogs need to wear this collar all the time, and the right positioning of the collar is also necessary with wired fences.
1. Wireless Dog Fences
This type of invisible electric dog fence consists of two units: the base unit and the second the collars, which are wearable and you need to put on the dog’s neck. The base unit produces radio signals depending on a specific radio frequency, and the two most common and reliable frequencies are 433MHz and 2.4 GHz.
The user can control the strength of the radio frequency that decides the parameter. The collar can recognize the radio frequency and can only start working when it receives the week signal that a sign dog is going away from the parameter and hence trigger negative reinforcement.
Pro of Wireless Electric Dog Fences
- Highly portable: you can take it along with you and make a boundary for your dog on camping sites or a vacation home.
- Invisible Boundary: remains completely invisible, no hindrance for humans and other pets that are not monitoring.
- Easy Installation: It hardly takes 10 minutes to set up a wireless fence.
- Monitor Multiple Pets: it’s possible to monitor multiple pets with just one base unit while adding more collars to the system.
- Control Over Boundary Parameters: The user can change the parameters any time, like for the day you can allow your pet to roam in a much bigger area while it can reduce for the night time.
- Static Free Re-entry: good quality wireless fences allow static-free entry where your pup will not be punished while making an entry into the parameter.
- Inexpensive Solution: these fencing solutions prices than the traditional ones and save the cost of installation.
Cons of Wireless Electic Dog Fences
- Not suitable for strangely shaped properties: as wireless fences only provide boundaries in a circular radius, that makes them ineffective for strangely shaped properties.
- Weather Can Effect Range: atmospheric conditions influence wireless fences, radio signals are not always 100%, harsh weather can seriously decrease the range. So make your weather in your area is suitable for wireless fences.
- Not ideal for uneven terrain: sloops and bumps create a barrier for radio signals, only works in perfectly flat yards; on uneven terrain, your dog will be punished even when he is not supposed to; you need to be careful.
- Large items may interfere: any large obstacle, either made of wood, iron, or concrete, can be an obstacle, like a tree garage and even a dog house.
2. In-Ground Dog Fences
In-ground fences are the first type of fences humans use to keep the dogs contained; they are being used for decades. It depends on three basic components the base unit, which acts as the main hub and allows to turn on or off the fence and wire, a wire which is buried around the property, and both of its ends connect with the base unit.
The last one is a collar that can detect the electromagnetic waves coming from the wire and trigger the stimulus when the dog moves near to the area where the wire is buried.
Pro of In-Ground Fences
- Ideal for Strangely Shaped Properties: as you need to lay off a wire while digging a few inches in the ground so you can have any shape, in-ground dog fences are ideal for strangely shaped properties.
- Perfect for Any Terrian: either you live on a hill or a property with many humps and bumps or sloops, an in-ground fence works on any terrain. Invisible fences can span hilly spots, wooded areas, and water. An electric in-ground fence can cover acres of ground in any pattern.
- Well Invisible: inground electric fences do not visually interfere with scenic views or greenspaces. People and other pets can move around the yard freely without any hassle.
- Reliable: these fences are reliable and can save your dog in case of any human error, as well as work in any weather. In fact, it’s an arrangement that is weatherproof, and its coverage remains constant and reliable.
- Add Convenience: we know well installing a physical fence involves ample mount funds as well as efforts. In contrast, in-ground electric dog fence installation takes only a few hours to install and adds many conveniences.
- Expandable: you can expand the inground fences to any area while buying additional wire.
- Monitor Unlimited Pets: you can add unlimited pets in the monitoring while just buying an additional collar for each pet that will save you a lot of money.
Cons of Wireless Electic Dog Fences
- Not Portable: fixed installation is required for such types of fences, so it’s impossible to move them.
- Expensive: Compared to wireless dog fences, in-ground fences involve more cost as these are costly units, as well as installation may include additional cost if you cannot do it yourself.
3. Above Ground Dog Fences
These fences are similar to inground dog fences; there is just one core difference they do not need to burry the wire, even these fences need wires to work, but you can lay off these wires on the ground can hook them permanently there, the weather will not impact on it, and it will save you from burning wires around the property and digging. Other benefits and features are the same as mentioned above. If you own a small property covered by greenery, then you can easily set such a type of fence as the naked eye cannot see the wire laid inside the grass.
How to Choose the Best Invisible Dog Fence
To choose the best wireless dog fence for your property, you need to answer the following question first:
- Which type of property do you need to fence a plain terrain, hilly area, or a strangely shaped property?
- Coverage Area, the exact area that you need to cover through an electric dog fence?
- Number of Pets you need to monitor?
- Typical Weather of your area?
We advise you to read the advantages and disadvantages of the above listed different types of electric fences and then answer this question. Answering these questions specifically will help you to find out what you exactly need to keep your dog safe and contained in your property.
Let’s move on to the products that we reviewed:
1. PetSafe Best Invisible Dog fence
PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence for Dogs is an upgraded version of the pet safe wireless dog and cat containment system (PIF 300). There were so many improvements, including the collar system. This improved version made it to be among the best wireless dog fences. It is one of the highest-rated online.
The above-ground fence features a wireless base system, receiver collar, accessories, and a 1/2 acre of circular boundary coverage.
Some improvements made are:
- Power: Lots of upgrades in the power supply made also. It’s usually boxed with an adapter connected to an AC source, just the same as the PIF 300. The PetSafe Stay & Play uses rechargeable batteries and gets fully charged within a short time. As a result of this improvement, the wireless fence portability increased, and you can take the wireless fence with you where you go quickly.
- Collar System: There are so many improvements made in the collar system too. This time, the collar is lightweight and can be adjusted for smaller dogs too. It supports a dog weight of up to 5 pounds and above. The collar is adjustable from 6-28 inches. The collar system also makes use of rechargeable batteries.
- Area: Unlike the PIF 300, which can create a maximum signal boundary of 180 feet in diameter, the PetSafe Stay & Play can build a significant signal boundary of 210 feet in diameter.
PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence for Pets Pros
- Improved portability: You can take it anywhere to create an invisible fence at a camping site or vacation home.
- Installation takes about 1-2 hours: No special technical or hardware knowledge required to set it up; its plug and play.
- Quick recharge: take less time in charging as compared to its ancestors.
- Covers 210 feet area in diameter: your dog can enjoy off-leash time in this wide area.
- Improved lightweight collar: Easy to wear, your dog will not feel any weight on his neck that bothers him.
- Collar uses a rechargeable battery: a single charge lasts for weeks.
- Support small dogs (5 pounds and up): A signal level that isn’t correct can harm your dog, so smaller dogs’ correction levels should be minimum. This feature- designed well so that it can also work on smaller dogs without causing any harm to them.
- You do not need to bury wires: A wireless boundary allows you to create safe coverage around your yard to guard your pets without spending time hiding wires
- 5 levels of correction: The upgraded system comes with five levels of static correction feature and a tone-only mode
- 3/4 acre of circular coverage: The adjustable circular range allows up to 1/2-acre of coverage (25-106 ft in all directions) from the placement of the indoor transmitter
- Static-free reentry: Allows your pet to return home without being corrected if your pet passes the boundary
- Easy set-up: You can set up your new wireless fence in just 1-2 hours and give your dog a secure playing area
- Portability: You can go along with this newly upgraded, portable fence when you go camping or even travel with your dog.
PetSafe Stay & Play Compact Wireless Fence for Pets Cons
- The signal accuracy depends on the landscape, trees just like the PIF 300
- The wireless signals are interrupted when there are huge, tall, and plenty of trees.
- The Signal boundary is circular, and you cannot create a custom-shaped complex boundary.
- It is designed only in the United States of America.
2. Extreme Dog Fence
Extreme Dog Fence covers up the area up to 6 acres. It will give too much customization, and you can set the boundary of your few feet to acres of land. It will protect your dog from keeping in designated boundaries and let it move safely inside the fence.
Features of Extreme Dog Fence
- Improved Designs: This improved 2nd Generation extreme dog fence standard grade kit covers up to 6 Acres of land. The upgraded device is designed for Compatibility with the new collar options: 3 Antennas, 12x Battery Check.
- Water-resistant and Submersible: Other underground dog fence Systems claim to be water-resistant. The last dog fence includes a collar receiver that is 100% water-resistant and can get submerged up to 10cm deep. Your dog can comfortably swim with the collar on, and water won’t affect how it functions.
- The standard fence kit includes a 20 gauge high tensile boundary wire with a heavy protective jacket, digital transmitter, collar receiver w/ Battery, training flags, and splice kits.
- Guarantee: The Underground Dog Fence has a 1 Year Warranty. The warranty extends to 5 years when you register your fence.
Extreme Dog Fence Pros
- High-quality cable kit: This in-ground electric dog fence has exceedingly high-quality cables. The wires are superbly strong, thick, entirely long (no splicing), and have a tight jacket set up close. Slim cables of low quality are not only dangerous to use, but they also tend to raise the chances of a rupture, require high maintenance, and prove extremely expensive. This wire, on the other hand, is stable and of top quality.
- Water-resistant receiver collar: The receiver collar quality declines if the dog swims or plays in the rain. It would help if you didn’t worry about this issue while this product is handy. The collar of this system remains extra functioning even if it gets submerged in deep water. With this collar hook-up, your dog can swim in the pool, and the system will work perfectly fine.
- Awesome battery life: This fencing system uses a traditional set of batteries with a long life expectancy.
- Customizable: This Extreme Dog Fence kit offers impressive ease of identifying the coverage zone. You can put up this electric fence in an area pattern by choosing different shapes such as a single and double loop, triangle, rectangle, or any other.
- Built-in power protector: In low power, there will be sudden leaks in voltage or any separate electric pump in the circuit. The built-in surge guard inside the transmitter will protect your device from any harm.
Extreme Dog Fence Cons
- No Rust Protection: This device tends to get rusty very quickly. Ideally, they can be used during the dry season but used with caution during the rainy season.
- Expenditure of Loads of Time and Energy: Burying the cable wire inside the ground is quite tricky. It needs a lot of time and energy. If you can pull up the difficult task of digging up the dirt and installation, then purchase it. Otherwise, it’ll be a waste of money.
- Flimsy Surge Protector: One of the major flaws of this Extreme Dog Fence Kit is that it has a lousy surge protector. The four connectors of this protector made of paper-like thin sheets of metal, and they cannot firmly hold the wires.
3. PetSafe Stubborn Dog
PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs, also known as the PIG00-10777, was explicitly designed by Petsafe company for the stubborn dogs, that is, dogs that are difficult to be trained, hearing impaired, and hard-headed. This device comes with a light collar, making the system very convenient and sets firm and ethical boundaries that dog owners will quickly train their dogs to understand. This particular fence system helps dog owners train their dogs.
PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs Pros
- It is handy for hard-to-train dogs: boundary flags are included in the package to train your dog and make the training process easy.
- High-level security system: it is a set and forget system which keeps working until you turn it off and keep the collars charged.
- Works 100% accurate: it will never allow your dog to skip.
- Supports unlimited dogs: you can add unlimited collars to the fence system to contain all dogs and cats in your home.
- It can be set up in hours: it mostly depends on the property’s size; in the small yard.
- Waterproof collars: a waterproof and comfortable dog collar that provides 6-28 inches support.
- Compact and Long-lasting Battery: The battery will last more than three weeks in between full charges.
- Sound-only training mode: its feature that will keep your dog safe during the training process.
- Configurable collars: Four levels of static patterns on the receiver collar.
- 1/4 Acre coverage: 500 ft of included wire lets you contain up to 1/3-acre yard; purchase the additional cable to contain up to 25-acres.
- The most stubborn dogs come with four levels of adjustable static correction and a tone with vibration mode, which help keep the most persistent dogs safe and secure inside their designated play area.
- For hearing impaired dogs: Vibration mode on the receiver collar makes this an excellent option for pets who have trouble hearing.
- Good fit for most yards: This do-it-yourself weekend project lets you create an in-ground fence designed to fit your yard.
- Overcorrection protection: It has an automatic safety shut-off feature that keeps your pet from getting expanded steady correction if they remain in the correction for up to 30 seconds.
- Waterproof collar receiver: The included lightweight, the waterproof collar fits pets weighing 8 lb or more with neck sizes between 6-28 in.
- Can contain all your pets: With the purchase of additional collars, this in-ground fence system allows you to provide an unlimited number of pets safely.
- Compatibility: Works with all PetSafe In-Ground Fence receiver collars except YardMaX receiver collars.
PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence for Dogs Cons
- Supports dog’s weight 8 pounds and up.
- It would help if you changed the collar’s battery every couple of months.
4. Feeke Pet Wireless Dog Containment System
Feeke Pet Wireless Dog Containment System is an ideal solution that can be used for all size dogs; no matter if you own small, medium, or large dogs in your home, it can contain all within the prescribed boundary. It is a researched product that starts triggering corrections once your dog is running beyond the boundary limits. At first, it emits a warning sound that keeps coming after every two seconds until your dog staying the danger zone and then a static correction. Its core features are:
- Effective and Safe: its static correction starts from the minimum set level, and when the dog does not respond and return, it keeps raising static correction forcing the dog to return within the boundary limits. It’s safe for dogs, especially the well-trained ones; they can avoid the static correction while considering warning sound as a returning command. While in the worse condition, the device gives up working after three cycles of excessive punishment.
- Ideal Training Tool: either you need to rain your dog for field trips or to obey the limits inside your home or yard, you can use this best invisible dog fence to restrict the dog in his designated area. Especially while using this electric dog fence, you can keep your pup away from the restricted area.
- Selectable Coverage: there is no need to bury wires, it works entirely on wireless technology, and you can set the boundary anywhere between 25 to 500 meters that give a total working radius of 78 hectors. It’s ample space to train your dogs; you can allow your four-legged friends to roam leash-free in this vast area. Selecting an appropriate radius setting from 1 to 100 is available on the device.
- Rechargeable Receiver Collars: Receivers are rechargeable, and single recharge lasts for weeks; thanks to their durable batteries, which are quick to recharge and long-lasting, it operates at the voltage of 3.7 that emits powerful correction to get desired response from stubborn dogs.
- Waterproof: the receiver is fully waterproof; your dog can play in water, swim, and can enjoy the rain; it’s made with IP67 waterproof material.
Its collar strap is made with the TPU material, which is soft and remains easy on necks, and comes in a suitable length that can be used for dogs from 10 to 110 lbs. This electric dog fence is made to use on any terrain due to its trustworthy wireless technology. The new side transmitter/base unit supports multiple receivers that allow adding countless pets in the monitoring.
5. SportDOG Brand
SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems is the best way to keep your dogs contained within the specified play area. The SportDog In-Ground Fence system is quality and cost-friendly alternative to your typical fence. The package includes 1,000 feet of wire, 100 flags, 1 Transmitter, and 1 Collar Receiver. This system can keep your dog safe within a boundary of up to 1 and 1/3 of acres.
- Containment kits are easy to install and include everything needed to cover up to 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog. It’s also can be expanded to cover up to 100 acres with more wire and flags.
- The waterproof collar takes a standard 9-volt battery which can last for 6-12 months, fits dogs that weigh 10 pounds, And above.
- This system can contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars.
- The collar gives a beep tone and a buzz vibration warning before moving to one of four static stimulation levels (you get to choose the best level for your pet).
- Transmitter features wire break alarm and built-in Lightning Protector.
- Includes two-year manufacturer’s warranty; Call our US-based customer care Center for support.
SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems Pros
- Large Area Coverage: This system can easily cover up to 100 acres of the area. With the availability of a 1000 feet long or more guard wire and a secure method to install manual in handy, setting up a secured fencing system is extremely easy.
- Waterproof Collar: With this wireless system plugged in, you can let your dogs play when it’s raining in your yard because the receiver collar is 100% water-resistant.
- Wire break alarm: There is an availability of a built-in mechanism that indicates any wire breakage, which you can quickly point out for maintenance and fixing of the wire.
- Lightning protector: The transmitter of this fencing system comes with a built-in surge guard, protecting it from any power surge and lightning strike.
- Flexible for Multiple Dogs: The fence’s actual size is enough to guard a pack of dogs. You can make it wide enough to contain more dogs by expanding it by purchasing additional collars.
- Low Battery Indicator: The receiver collar uses a traditional set of batteries and has an inbuilt cell indicator. Therefore, you can easily buy new ones for the future.
SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence Systems Cons
- Time-consuming Installation: Though the installation manual has elaborative directions, the whole procedure of digging up the yard and setting up wire over the large yard is dreadfully time-consuming.
- More Digging and Fencing to do: One of the ideal downsides of the beneath wire fencing process is the excessive amount of work-related. Only buy this containment kit if you can give a lot of time and energy to install it.
- Cell problems: This in-ground fence system has a reasonably large-sized collar battery, making it difficult for the dog. Secondly, there is no indication of a dying battery on the central unit. Instead, you have to figure out yourself, or by the dog’s behavior as in the last stages, the beeping or shaking becomes inconsistent while adding to the battery’s downside. After you use the system for some time, the cell breaks down. Also, cell life is less than 12 months.
FOCUSER Electric Wireless Dog Fence is the best electric dog fence that comes at a reasonable price and offers functions that make a reliable and flexible wireless pet containment system. The only fence in the market works on the 433Hz radion singles, which are strong enough to pass through the walls and provide more reliable coverage in the uneven terrain. Its significant benefits are:
- Lightweight and Compact Receiver: collar will not add any significant weight to the neck of your dog; even your dog cannot feel he is wearing something on the; it’s lightweight and compact. It is ideal for small and medium dogs due to its size and can provide a strong stimulus to correct large pups.
- Safe and Harmless: the static correction will not harm your dog, and amazingly before getting correction, the dog will receive warnings that we call pre-correction warning tone; its two seconds warning sound is powerful to tell the dog he is in a dangerous zone and any step further will lead to static correction. He will keep receiving the stimulus until he returned to the safe area. For well-trained dogs, the warning function is a life savior that helps to avoid static stimuli.
- Easy to Install: no professional or technical skills are required to install this invisible fence for dogs; select the radius from the base unit and charge and tune-up collar, fix it on the neck, cut the extra strap, and you are done.
- Builtin Safty Chip: for the safety of your canine, a dedicated safety chip positioned inside the collar turns off the whole system/receiver for a specific time inc case when he corrected for several times. It keeps the dogs safe from injuries.
Your dog can enjoy off-leash time within the al coverage area and get a warning followed by a series of corrections on the edge of the al coverage area. Your dog will keep receiving the raised stimulus until he enters again into the boundary zone. You should stop looking for wireless dog fence reviews and consider this device an updated version, and hundreds of dog owners are using this wireless pet fence.
7. My Pet Command
My Pet Command Wireless Underground Dog Fence System is designed for dual purpose, and it is an effective in-ground pet containment system, while the collar also works with remote and performs like a training collar. So in the cost of a single system, you are getting two solutions. When your dog comes close to the boundary, the collar will receive a signal to deliver a warning beep first, and if it keeps getting closer to the edge, the system will issue more messages, so the dogs know it’s time to stop.
If your dog continues going further, the system will send more reliable signals as your dog trains until your dog returns within the edges you put up for it.
Your dog will always want to avoid correction, and dogs are quick learners and are confident of remaining within established boundaries that you decide. It is an ideal and safe way to manage and keep your dog. Dogs can learn very quickly without any further leash training required.
My Pet Command Wireless Underground Dog Fence System Pros
- Easy and quick setup: It takes about 5 minutes to set up everything.
- Relatively inexpensive & effective: (especially when compared to in-ground fences).
- Portable: It can take down and set up anywhere in minutes. The feature is perfect when you want to take your dog to the farm or campground.
- Great for a large area: Recommendable if you have a large zone or farm.
- 2 in 1 solution: the same collar can be used as a training collar that keeps you safe from the hassle of changing the collar; again and again, the remote is included in the package.
- Effective for all Size Dogs: we believe that it is the only solution for small and extra-large dogs; the setting over collar allows us to customize it extensively.
My Pet Command Wireless Underground Dog Fence System Cons
- Short battery time
- Having to reprogram it every time you turn on the collar
8. WIEZ 2-in-1 Wireless Dog Fence
WIEZ 2-in-1 Wireless Dog Fence is a wireless invisible fence and a training solution, a combo of electric fence for dogs, and a training collar. It makes a spot on our list because it’s a cost-effective solution like it costs less than the traditional electric dog fences, and you will get training collar features at no cost. When it comes to wireless dog fences or invisible dog fences, WIEZ is a trusted manufacturer providing quality products for a long time. Let’s have a look at the features of this fence.
- Advance Technology: made to work on 2.4Ghz radio signals and equipped with dual antenna, this combination makes it reliable fencing for dogs that provide accurate boundary in radius as well as effective communication between collar and base unite that can be under as remote for training purpose, so while using for training your command will reach to dog quickly.
- Selectable Radius/Range: you can choose from five different radius 100ft/200ft/300ft/500ft/990ft.
- Advance Warning Functions: this portable electric fence is different from others. It has two warning functions that are sound and vibration. Before static correction dog first hears a sound, then a powerful vibration, and in the last, if he does not change his direction, then he will receive a static correction. Two warning levels provide a better chance that dogs return to boundary limits without getting shocked.
- Adjustable Intensity: you can choose the intensity of shock and vibration while keeping in view the size of your dog; it’s equipped with a training mode that provides flexible options to train your dog. We suggest taking a start from the minimum setting and find an optimal level where your dog starts responding to your commands.
- Expandable to Three Dogs: you can buy additional collars to add more dogs; while training through remote, it’s possible to select whom do you want to train.
- Dual Long Lasting Batteries: both devices (receiver and Transmitter) are equipped with batteries that are long-lasting and durable; a single recharge will last for weeks.
- Additionals: made with the eco-friendly material, which is TPU that dissolves into powder finally and it’s fully waterproof, collars equipped with reflective straps.
We recommend it most as a portable fence because it can help you train your dog and keep him contained in a specified area. Its two certifications, IP65 dustproof and IPX7, make it perfect for outdoor and collar size to be fitted to any size neck. Most importantly, silicone covers for the conductive points added in the package to avoid burning marks and any severe damage to your dog.
9. PetSafe the Best Invisible Dog Fence
The PetSafe Wireless Dog and Cat Containment System is a wireless system designed by Petsafe company, specifically for dogs and cats. Usually worn on the neck of these pets. It makes use of wireless signals to generate boundaries that are invisible to pets. It sends out a warning, static sign to the dog when it’s approaching a signal boundary. It is not a wireless fence. It only serves as a wireless fence.
However, like other devices and gadgets, there are always advantages and disadvantages. The pet-safe containment system does not kill or cause harm to your dogs, but certain things could hinder its effectiveness, like climate conditions, space, etc. It is an effective fencing system that keeps working in harsh weather and eliminates the chance of skipping. Good in signal quality that can pass through the small obstacles.
Petsafe containment pros:
- Long-Lasting Battery Life: The collar battery can stay up to 2 months before the battery indicator alerts you to replace the battery because it is low.
- Offers a quality collar system: The quality system PIF 300 is exceptionally high.
- Easy Installation: You can install or set it up within a few hours.
- Portable: Portable and can be installed when camping, traveling, and in vacation homes.
- Waterproof Collar: You may not be there to monitor your dog as it’s playing. The waterproof collar prevents water and any liquid from getting into the device.
- Adjustable: It supports neck sizes ranging from 6-28 inches and can be adjusted.
- 5 static correction and tone-only mode: This allows your pet to correct by sending a harmless stimulation or a tingling sensation to draw your pet’s attention.
- ½ acres (180 feet in diameter) containment area: It can cover up to 180 feet width from where the transmitter is placed.
Petsafe containment cons:
- Trees around it can alter its signal: With lots of trees around it, the wireless signal may not be as active as few or no trees.
- Not so useful in small compounds/yards: It works well when the compound/yard is big enough. Small compounds will only limit the dog’s playing space, which will make the containment system almost unusable.
- Climate can affect it: Like other wireless signals such as Wi-Fi and radio signals, climate conditions can alter the transmission, and signs may become much weaker. So, the containment system will be 100% effective if there is an excellent weather condition.
- Other animals can encroach: The containment system is designed for the dog alone and does not leave a particular area. However, there is a 90% chance that other animals or even wild animals can come into the compound and harm the pet.
- Only works in a circular area: The containment system can only be set up and works well in a circular area. If your property is square-shaped, then the containment system will be less effective or not effective at all.
KAROTEZH Wireless Dog Fence for Pet is the best invisible dog fence for small and large dogs. The simple yet effective invisible dog fence provides coverage up to 990ft and remains effective even in bad weather.
- Five Signal Modes: these modes allow you to select a suitable radius as your boundary; you can have a different boundary for different times, especially for nights. Your dog will enjoy off-leash time in the controllable play area.
- Waterproof Rechargeable Collar: the receiver is IP65 grade waterproof that makes it ideal to use either indoor or outdoor; its intelligent management system makes it perfect for small and large dogs. It is equipped with a quick recharging battery that lasts for weeks.
- Easy to Install and Use: no special installation is required; just find a suitable place for the base unit to tune both units to the best setting, put on the collar; there is no need or complication; it works automatically.
It is a simple no-wire above-ground electric dog fence suitable for small, medium, and large dogs. Its collar emits shock that is safe for dogs and equipped with the right type of warning, which helps you train your dog safely.
The lowest collar setting allows to keep them unharmed and contained, while the maximum level of shock provides powerful stimulation to train and contain large and stubborn pups.
11. PetSafe YardMax
The PetSafe YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence lets you create a secure 1/3 acre boundary around your yard and maximize your pet’s playing space. Traditional in-ground fences correct your pet before they cross the border, which limits their play area.
With the YardMax In-Ground fence, your pet receives correction after crossing the guarded area, which gives them at least 40% area.
Unlike regular dug-in walls, your dogs won’t get correction when they come into the yard when it goes past the wire guard.
This dug-in fence is expandable to 5-15 acres with the purchase of additional wire and training flags. The rechargeable, waterproof collar features a sound-only mode for training plus five levels of adjustable correction depending on your dog’s temperament.
The collar was adjusted to fit neck sizes between 6-26 inches and recommended for pets who weigh 5 pounds.
Whether you have one pet or several furry family members, this in-ground fence will contain as many pets as you need to purchase additional YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Fence Collars. It will give your dog the liberty to play with your kids without bothering your neighbors, and once you set it up, it can take care of most of your worries.
PetSafe YardMax Pros
- Ability to Expand: you can expand it to your desired area while buying additional wire.
- Very Affordable: comes at a reasonable price; everything that is needed to set up and train your dog is included in the package.
- Can be used for Stubborn Dogs: if you own a hard-to-control dog who always needs a hard punishment to learn then, it’s perfect for you.
- Five Corrections Levels: This gives you the ability to control the static correction, and you can get the best tune while keeping in view the size of your dog.
- Long-Lasting Rechargeable Battery: collars are equipped with quick to recharge the battery, which lasts for weeks and provides enough power for static correction.
- Easy to Setup: you can do it yourself while burning the wire in your yard; step by step instructions manual is included in the package for your convenience.
PetSafe YardMax Cons
- The plastic that makes up the receiver on the collar is fragile and easily broken.
Hokita Outdoor Electric Pet Containment System is equipped with a 2.4Ghz secure radio frequency, which can penetrate through large obstacles and provide a secure communication way between transmitter/base and receiver/collar. Maximum, it can cover up to 300 meters (900 feet) Approximately and fully customize the boundary limits. Its prime features are:
- Strong Signals and Harmless Mode: its signals are strong enough that perform equally in harsh weather. It’s effective; whenever the dog reaches the danger zone, it triggers a warning and then a stick correction if it breaches the limit. Your dog will keep receiving the corrections until he returns to the set range. Its shock is entirely harmless for dogs.
- Water and Dustproof: IPX7 waterproof and IP65 dustproof tags turn it into the right option for every type of weather and use; your dog can enjoy his liberty and can play in the rain and enjoy swimming while wearing the collar.
- Automatic Pairing: transmitter and receiver are paired by default; open the box and set both devices; these two will work automatically, and you do not need to match them.
- Innovative Design: the receiver operates on a 3.7V battery and emits a shock that is safe for dogs, along with two different conductive points; one pair of silicone covers for conductive points also included in the package that you can use to minimize the stimulation effect.
It is the best solution to limit the off-leash area of your dog and provide him with the opportunity to play and enjoy his time in an open placeAlthough, thehe collar is manufactured with an environment-friendly material. Under normal conditions, it will degrade itself after five years.
Keeping small dogs contained becomes easy as its minimum stimulus level harmless and multiple levels to find the intensity that can bring you the response but keep the small four-legged friend unharmed.
13. Pet Control HQ
Pet Control HQ designed this system for our dogs so that we could stop the digging, jumping, escaping, chasing chickens, incessant barking (and driving our neighbors nuts). This dog containment system gives you the custom coverage and the boundary training you need to keep your pup safe.
With proper training, it’s safe, painless, humane, and very effective. If you want to train your dog and look for a training solution, too, then it’s a solution for you because it’s a training collar and a fence that keeps your dog within your boundary. At the cost of one system, you will get two, and it will be easy for your dog, too, as there is only one collar that needs to wear for both purposes.
Most pet parents say their dogs turn and run away from the fencing (many are even avoiding open gates).
- 2 in 1 System: the same collar works with a remote that can be used for training purposes.
- Cost-Effective: in a single investment, you are getting two systems to keep your dog contained and one to train your dog.
- Long Range Remote: A remote range allows you to train your dog either in your yard or in open ground.
- Quality Batteries: both remote and collars are equipped with quality batteries that last for weeks, and these are quick to charge.
- Above Ground Fence: no need to dig for wires; it’s a real above-ground wireless dog fence.
- The only way the collar would receive a signal from the wire is if the collar was on the dog’s throat, pointing straight down. If the collar were turned on the neck the slightest bit, it would not receive a signal, and the dog could pass right over the wire.
- It has weak wire clasps; the indicator light is just barely a light; you cannot see the flashing if you are outside.
- The perimeter fence wire is way too thin.
UTOPB Wireless Dog Boundary Container is a perfect wireless electric fence that is cost-effective, will not add any significant burden on your pocket, and is an easy-to-use and reliable solution for dog containment. This electronic dog fence is made to keep the dogs unharmed and while keeping them inside the defined boundary. Its major benefits are:
- Large Working Range: it provides effective coverage of 500 meters, which is a large area and makes this invisible fencing ideal for large properties and farms.
- Rechargeable Collar: its receiver collar is rechargeable and equipped with a high-quality battery, quick to charge, and lasts for multiple weeks.
- Waterproof: the collar is fully waterproof that will let your dog enjoy the off-leash time as he wants and enjoy his time in the water.
The base unit allows you to set the working area parameter from 1 to 100, which means you can set any range from 25 meters to 500 meters. Thus, your dog will remain safe and never feel anything until he remains inside the prescribed area, but when he moves into the danger zone, he will get a warning and shock; the shock will keep coming until he returns to the safe area.
Amazingly, it supports adding unlimited receivers and monitoring and containing countless pets with a single base unit.
15. KoolKani the Best Invisible Dog Fence
The Kool Kani system has made it easy to install the outer boundary wire and get it working. You will find it better off in remote dog training and dog containment. The combo is ready to go as soon as the electric fence system is set. After playing your dog with the remote, you can carry your remote with you and leave your dog within the electric fence without removing its collar.
While your dog freely roams within the wall, you can still use the remote controller to send commands remotely. So while enjoying tea or coffee sitting on the chair, you can stop your dog from doing unwanted acts.
- 1 x Rechargeable remote controller/handset with large LCD for remote dog training.
- 1 x Indoor wall-mounted base transmitter with large LCD for electric fence system.
- 3 x Rechargeable collar receivers with quality TPU collar straps for 7″-24″ neck size (You can also use your strap as long as it does not exceed 2mm in thickness & 17mm in width).
- A set of longer metal prongs included in a small poly-bag for long-haired breeds; 3 x Test bulb for testing static pulse stimulation (for testing purpose only, not to be used when the collar receiver is on the dog).
- 1 x 23-gauge Boundary wire of approximately 150 meters; 20 x Training flags; 2 x Charger power plug (output 5V DC 1A).
- 1 x Charger power plug (output 12V DC 1A) 1 x User’s manual (English).
KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar Pros
- Dual-purpose system for remote training and dog containment.
- The shock collar is compatible with a containment fence perimeter and remote controller, with a 1,200-meter range.
- The training collar is rechargeable and fully waterproof.
- The electric fence can contain multiple necklaces, and a remote training system can train up to three dogs.
- The package includes all you need and also the user’s manual.
- The electronic fence works automatically with the collar.
- One collar for the fence and remote trainer.
- 3 dogs per remote – endless collars for the fence.
- Easy to create safe zones, i.e., in the garage.
- Easy to install.
- Great diagrams in instructions.
KoolKani Remote Dog Training Shock Collar Cons
- The box has no website, phone number, or anything to access customer service.
- The dog can get shocked even when it’s not near the fence.
- It comes with way too few flags; buy extra.
- The wall will sometimes beep a collar at 10 feet; other times, you can be standing right on top of it, and it won’t beep.
JUSTPET Wireless Dog Fence Containment System is an upgraded version; it has many more features than its ancestors, like the double antenna and improved signal quality and the enhanced security features in the collar. It’s effective and fast; send signals quickly to help the dog understand he crosses the boundary limits. Its prime features are:
- Latest Technology: easy to turn off the system; need to switch off the base unit to turn the boundary guard; you can use the on/off button on the base unit for this purpose. After the base unit is shut off, the dog will not receive an electric shock.
- Stable and Accurate Signals: it adopts 433Mhz channel frequency and is equipped with a dual antenna that provides effective and stable communication; it has stronger penetration through obstacles than other traditional solutions. In simple, it’s reliable in exciting actions as well as’s accurate and quick.
- IPX7 Waterproof: it can be used safely in rain and humid environments, so your dog can enjoy and have fun.
This electronic dog fence is equipped with a reliable battery that lasts for weeks. Investment in this invisible fence will save you a lot of money, especially if you have multiple dogs at home. While buying an additional receiver, you can add unlimited pets in this system, and only one that breaches the boundary limit will get the shock; others will remain safe.
17. Educator E-Fence
Educator E-Fence Underground Fence Containment System for Dogs is the most advanced and versatile option in the market, which offers a lot of control; as you can see in the above picture, you can change the collar setting from the base unit, which is not possible with any other fence. It’s a new and advanced solution that comes with a lot of customizable options.
dr.tiger Electric Dog Fence comes with a perimeter shock collar for dogs that is reliable and emits shock, which is safe for dogs; even it can be used for small and large dogs. It is a fully customizable solution that can be used either for your large property or yard only. Its core benefits are:
- Fully Customizable: allow you to train your dog to stay away from the roads or stay in the designated area, easy to set perimeter to set any desired range up to 300ft (wire included in the package).
- Custome Safe Zone: unlike wireless fences, it allows to create customer zone where you can set any area while burning wire in-ground like you can exclude the swimming pools from the permitted territory.
- Thicker Guage Wire: provide a more accurate signal that eliminates chances of any skip, and more importantly, for the training purpose, 20 flags are included in the package.
It’s a cost-effective solution among in-ground invisible fences; to add additional dogs in this system, you need to add more receivers and can go up to unlimited additions.
OKPET Wireless Dog Fence Pet Containment System is the best wireless invisible fence for dogs who skip the normal and traditional boundaries, and it’s hard to trace them and get them back. We are aware that dogs are good at jumping, and they can cross the traditional fence easily. If you own an escape artist, your job is really to touch, but here is a solution that will make your job easy. When it’s active, your dog cannot skip, and there will be no tracing work. Have a look at its features and benefits:
- Advance Technology: it depends on 433Mhz radio frequency, which provides stable and secure signals and communication and can penetrate through obstacles.
- Dial Radial Design: instead of buttons, it’s equipped with a dial that you can use to set the desired radius easily, and the number display will show you important information about the distance set.
- Waterproof Receiver: the wearable is fully waterproof; your dog will have the liberty to enjoy and play in the water.
The manufacturer is not new in this market, but this product is new. The previous version of this product performs well; dog owners love that, but this is still in the struggling stage. You may have difficulties finding an optimal range because the given parameters on the base units are not accurate.
TTPet Aboveground Pet Containment System is an easy to install dog fence that comes with the 650 ft boundary wire, covering 3/4 acres of land. Its collar starts working automatically, and it can push back the dog into the playing area.
It will allow you to provide you the customer and irregular boundary any shape and exclude particular areas. Support multiple dogs, and a collar is suitable for dogs 10lbs to 150lbs. The product comes with 90 days money-back guarantee.
It depends on the average and the number of pets you want to monitor; typically, it starts from 100$ and can go up to 500$.
The invisible fence marks a virtual boundary, and when the dog tries to cross that boundary, the collar triggers a stimulus to provide negative reinforcement.
Most of the solutions come as plug-and-play, but not all; it may involve digging and some laborsome work that can take up to hours.
You need 600 feet to cover 1/2 acres. 600 feet wire is long enough to cover 1/2 acres from all sides. Here is a resource (Click Here) to help you calculate the right length of wire required.
A variety of options may confuse you in selecting the right fence but if you read the pros and cons of each type, then and the first answer to the question ask to select the right option for you, then surely you can get decide better.
An invisible dog fence can provide you with many benefits even when you have a physical fence installed. It eliminates human errors and also adds a security barrier for your dog. Hopefully, our resource will help you to select the best invisible dog fence.