Quality wipes help you to keep your dog clean without giving him a regular bath so frequently. You can clean the paws of your dog after a walk, clean his ear, face, and other sensitive body parts easily. But here the question is, can I use baby wipes on my dog?
Baby wipes are quite safe for dogs of every age; surely, you can use baby wipes on your dog. But make sure that the liquid from the wipes does not reach the eye of your dog. But keep in mind they are not useful as pet wipes that contain disinfectants.
You may find it convenient to use baby wipes on your dog as baby wipes are readily available in your home, but it’s not the best solution for quick cleaning. Baby wipes can be harmful to your dog; the reason is babies do not lick themselves.
Obviously, it is not healthy to consume a large quantity of residue of baby wipes, but it’s quite fine if you use baby wipes on your dog occasionally.
We recently write on can dog eat spam and also writ on our blog about can dogs eat hummus that is available on a separate page, while our popular blog post best dog shock collars updated recently that you might like to read.
Understanding the Difference Between Baby Wipes and Dog Wipes
Dog wipes are costly than baby wipes; this fact is enough to understand the difference between both. Dog wipes contain high-quality disinfectants, but baby wipes do not. Dog wipes are especially created to use on the dog skin and to disinfect the body parts. Here are a few considerations that will help you to understand the difference:
- Made for Dogs — Pet wipes are excellent for cleaning your dog quickly; most pet parents use the wipes during bath times; they are made to clean dogs.
- Different PH Level — When it comes to Ph-level, dogs have a high PH than babies, so different disinfectant chemicals are used in dog wipes, making them stronger than baby wipes.
- Fragrance in Baby Wipes is Not Good for Dogs — Dog licks their body, and fragrance left on dog body from baby wipes can make its way to the digestive system, which may become a serious threat for dogs.
- Dog Wipes are Bigger and Robust — Small and filmy regular wipes are not truly effective for dogs; dog wipes are free of chemicals, fragrances, and parabens as well as bigger. Moreover, larger wipes bring ease in cleaning the dogs.
- Not All the Wipes are Made Equally — Regular wipes are available in different varieties. Different ingredients that are specifically made for humans are not good for dogs as they may contain chemicals that irritate or may result in skin issues in dogs. The ingredients of dog wipes and baby wipes are different.
- Baby Wipes Re-moist the Skin — Well, it is the prime function of baby wipes and cleaning, while dog wipes contain disinfectants and do nothing with remoisturizing the skin. The moisturizer evaporates later and leaves everything clean that works to replace the shower.
- Baby Wipes are Not Effective on Hairs of Dogs — Dog hair has an infinitely large surface than the skin. When using a wipe on the dog hairs, you will only reach the part of the hair that cannot replace bathing on the body’s surface. As parts of hair facing the body remain away from the reach of wipes.
It is always good to use products on your dog that are specifically made for dogs. Many people ask this question, “are baby wipes safe for dogs” because dog wipes are costly than regular or baby wipes. You can say that it cost twice as compare to baby wipes.
So, we understand the temptation. Many dog owners think that a baby wipe that can be used for a newborn baby also can be effective and useful for dogs without understanding the real difference between both.
Do Dog Wipes Have a Purpose?
Wipes are not a substitute for a dog bath; they are only good to clean small areas on an occasional basis. They are too good for quick cleanup when a bath is not in plan; they are too good to clean the foreign elements floating on the dog’s coat.
Mud on the muzzle, cleaning paws after a walk, cleaning small and sensitive areas should be the main purpose while buying dog wipes.
Pet parents who always take their dogs outside for their business and get physical exercise often use dog wipes to clean the paws and faces of dogs because they can contact them when they are at home. And it may become a source to get foreign elements inside the home that can create health issues for other family members.
Dog wipes are also known as a good solution to clear dander, especially when someone is dander allergic at your home.
Dog wipes can effectively remove outdoor allergens and elements that can cause health issues to human beings.
Our Recommended Dog Wipes
DIY Solution Alternative to Baby Wipes
Here is a DIY solution that will eliminate the need to use baby wipes on your dog. It’s simple and effective and can be used on any age of dog and breed.
You need two things a hand towel and a dog shampoo, Just apply a dollop of dog shampoo into a moist hand towel and wipe away.
We advise not to use too much dog shampoo; just a little quantity is enough to clean the coat of your dog. You can use it on paws and face as well. If it leaves a residue, you can use a wet towel for a gentle wipe containing water.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no harm in using a baby wipe to clean the face of your dog from time to time; prefer to use unscented and hypoallergenic wipes; wipes that are made for sensitive skin are too good.
You are cleaning internally that requires more attention and specialized product; it is advised to opt for wipes made for dogs specifically; it will keep you on the safe side while cleaning your dog’s ears.
Just one mistake, and it will react badly; if the fluid from the baby wipes gets inside the eyes of your dog, then you surely need to pay a visit to your vet. It’s safe until you keep the fluid of wipes away from your eyes as you can only clean the sounding of eyes.
Surely you can; there is no harm in using baby wipes on dog paws, as baby wipes contain moisturizer that helps clean the paws easily and relax them. Wet paws make it easy to get any grit, mud, salt, or sand from in-between your dog’s toes in a super quick time.
Yes, but only when you have fragrance and chemical-free regular wipes. Usually, you need to press it harder while cleaning the bum, and using a product that is not made for dogs always poses a threat, so clean it softly. For some breeds, owners need to give a helping hand to clean the bun as they cannot clean it themselves.
This practice is not uncommon in our society that shows it to us safe, but we recommend using a high-quality wipe made for a specific purpose.
Please not use commercial wipes to clean the newborn puppies as it may cause allergic reaction or irritation to them.
Yes, you can because they are quite safe for dogs.
There are many like Propylene Glycol, fragrances, moisturizers, etc.
Well, if you are asking questions to yourself, “can I use baby wipes on my dog?” you are not alone in this world. Many dog parents out there ask the same question. Baby wipes are a reasonable solution for dog owners who want a quick solution to clean their dog, especially when they accumulate foreign elements on their coat. We dig into deep and do not see any bad in using a baby wipe regularly.
You should not make it a habit to use baby wipes or other human wet wipes on your dog. Because they can seriously harm your dog, they can cause allergies and irritation.
Repeated use of baby wipes can disturb the PH level of dogs. And with the passage of repetition, the allergy or irritation may get worse.
For the best solution, you must opt for dog wipes for your canine friend, which are made for day-to-day cleaning and considered safe for all ages and breeds.