If your dog suffers from rashes, injuries, or had surgery, you need a cone for your dog to wear to prevent any rubbing that allows healing the wound/rash quickly. Here, most dogs and owners get frustrated with the plastic cons and look for an alternative to that.
Homemade dog cone collar can be a quick solution, and it is possible to make it with multiple materials, but these are not useful enough, and may your dog tear them in a single hour. This is why vets always suggest buying a cone with plastic material or non-chewable material that can withstand the notoriousness of your dog and help heal.
The cone collar certainly gets the job done effectively but being a dog is tough while wearing the cone collar, sleeping, drinking, and eating is a challenge with cone collar. It is hard to force a dog to wear the cone collar, but it is necessary because dogs have a thing about licking at their incision sites and using paws to rub the infected area. It’s natural for them to chew the body parts they should not want when injured.
We recently listed the five best wireless dog fences for small dogs. Please visit to get the latest information.
How to make a dog cone collar at home?
Alternatives to Homemade Dog Cone Collar
Here we rounded up a few great options that work fine to heal the rashes, wounds, and Surgery. These are,
- Cuddle cone soft E-collar
- Noah recovery collar
- Cloud E-collar
- Comfy Cone
- BBZone Protective dog recovery
- Dora Bridal Dog Recovery
Instead of homemade dog con collar, these alternative are trustworthy can serve on multiple occasions and incidents, whatever you choose to prefer to select one that can adequately protect the injury site.
1. Comfy Cone The Original, Soft Pet Recovery Collar with Removable Stays
- Made in the USA.
- Easy to clean, hand washable.
- Flexible neck size available in many sizes and styles.
- Adjustable sizing, Comes with easy Velcro closure.
- A great alternative to plastic and poor quality cones.
- While using, do not leave your pet unattended.
- It is an effective grooming aid.
- Soft, comforting lining “cuddles” your pet’s head; pet feels comfortable in it.
2. Alfie Pet - Noah Recovery Collar
- Available in different sizes.
- This cone collar is ideal for post-surgery, injuries, and rashes.
- Lightweight, soft and comfortable.
- Unique closure offers to make it tight or may make it lose.
- While wearing this collar, pets can drink, eat, sleep normally.
- Pet may chew this collar.
3. KONG Cloud E-Collar for Cats and Dogs
- Available in five sizes and can fit any size of the neck.
- Inflatable collar for rashes and post-surgery and also can be used for injuries.
- Premium protective collar.
- Will not tear with the count of time.
- Easily to clean and washable.
- Scratch-resistant and bites will not harm it.
4. Comfy Cone The Original, Soft Pet Recovery Collar with Removable Stays
- Available in nine sizes.
- Soft cone-shaped; foam-backed padded by nylon.
- Come with Velcro closures for custom adjustment.
- Removeable plastic.
- Medical graded, recommended by vets.
5. Depets Protective Dog Recovery Cone Collar
- Available in three sizes.
- Scratch and bite-resistant.
- Costume design recovery collar.
- Protect the pets from rashes, injuries, and post-surgery wounds.
- Come with the unique Velcro closure.
- Work great with all types of pets.
6. Large Dog Protective dog Recovery cone collar
- Available in different sizes to suit your needs.
- Bite and scratch-resistant, made with high-quality material which cannot be damaged with claws.
- Fully adjustable, you can easily fix and adjust it properly.
- Made of fabric, the high-quality thick netted fabric used.
- Velcro closures, it is not easy to tear off.
- Completely waterproof.
- Easy to clean, soap and water required for gentle clean.
- Padded foam backed.
7. Fezep Dog Cone Collar, 5 PCS Adjustable Protective Collars for Pet Dog
- 5 different sizes in each set.
- A suitable high-quality collar set for all needs can be used for different dogs.
- High-quality lightweight plastic provides harmless, non-toxic, lightweight, sturdy, and non-deform performance.
- After surgery, the ideal solution for wound healing is to help overcome the lick-bite, itch-scratch cycle, one-time buy to serve you as all solutions.
- A design that is widely used in pet hospitals.
- Allow clear vision.
- Easy to use plastic Snap Closure can keep the collar securely in place.
8. Alfie Pet - Noah Recovery Collar (for Dogs and Cats)
- A lightweight collar for all-size dogs.
- Easy to fix and easy to use.
- Flexible to fit at any neck size.
- Its equipped with unique closure that can be used whenever required.
- Pet can enjoy normal routine life while wearing this collar.
9. GoodBoy Comfortable Recovery E-Collar for Dogs
- The inflatable collar which is soft and easy to wear dogs usually does not bother this collar.
- Allow performing usual business dog can eat and stay active all-day.
- Soothing cushion for sleeping position.
- Made with durable material, biting and licking will not damage it.
Understanding Purpose of Dog Cone Collar
It is not naughty when the dogs lick their wounds; it is natural with them; it’s simply instinct telling them to lick for natural healing. As we know well, dog saliva is a natural remedy that contains beneficial compounds capable of destroying the bacteria. Simply the saliva helps the healing and inhibits bacterial growth.
Sometimes, excessive licking can cause more problems and keep the wounded area wet, which becomes a hurdle in the cure and may lead to further infection.
So, it is necessary to prevent your dog from licking and rubbing, and in such a situation, vets prefer to advise a dog cone collars, especially when you cannot monitor the wounded dog all the time.
Make sure that the cone collar is properly fit for your dog. If it remains tight, then might your dog face breathing and eating problems, and if fit loses, then the real benefits will remain far away.
Measure the neck size of your dog and then make a buy.
Help your Dog to Adjust
For dogs, it is not normal to wear the cone collar, and when you put it on, they might stop drinking and eating. In many cases, dogs do not sit properly when wearing these cone collars.
So, it’s you who can help them feel comfortable while wearing the cone collar, like you can help them eat while offering the food they are standing and the same with drinking. This will let them know they can eat and drink while wearing the collar.
Test the product before leaving your dog alone
You buy one, and your dog is wearing that collar, that does not mean it will work well. Many times it doesn’t. So, when you put it on, stay with your dog for some time and monitor either it works well or not; only leave your dog along when you are sure that collar is properly fit.
A homemade dog cone collar can be cost effect and quick solution for the problem, but homemade collars are not reliable enough. You cannot leave your pet with a homemade collar as they tear off any time. So, for proper care, buy a homemade cone collar alternate so you can stay sure it will work all the time.