Is it hard to brush the hairs of your dog? Yes, then ask your groomer to use thinning shear; it will reduce the bulk and make the hair easy to brush. You can easily brush the manageable hairs off your dog, which will take less time. Thinking shears for dogs makes grooming easy allow to get any style.
Thinning shears are designed with one blade and one twisted side instead of two blades. The scissors’ design with one side with notched guides and one blade makes it possible to cut a limited amount of hair. It actually thins the hairs and makes matted and thick hair manageable and ideal for removing the bulk.
Many of us become curious when a dog groomer pulls out thinning shear; what’s he using them for? It is the first question that knocks in our minds. Simply thinning shears for dogs helps to remove the bulk without compromising the length of fur. Here are our top recommended thinning shears.
What Thining Shears Actually Do?
Thinning shears are great for fading short, clipped sides into a longer top, soften and edges, and reducing bulk is among prime use. These shears are useless for short fur dogs as they already have thin and short hairs that cannot be groomed further and only needs trimming. But for hairy dogs who have long hairs that need brushing and proper hair cut after specific intervals, thinning shears are a blessing.
Dog’s hairs grow quickly and become unmanageable, but when groomed with the thinning shears, the style lasts for a more extended period, and hairs remain manageable.
For a dog groomer, there are several ways to remove bulk and add style in hairs your four-legged family member, but one of the easiest is with the use of thinning scissors. One smooth side and notches built on the other side make this scissor different from regular ones. The teeth allow the dog groomer to remove less hair with each snip. Some of its common uses are:
- Used to Give Texture to Bulky Hairs: along with removing bulky and blocky ends, it gives texture to hairs. During the grooming and use of thinning scissors, scissors’ positioning and angle make it possible to make any texture. Like snipping the end, allow the dog groomer to give hairs and soft blend. While pointing into the mid of hairs reduces bulk.
- Thinning Out Hairs: When a dog groomer uses it on a wider section, he simply thinning out hairs; it addresses the problem of unruly and thick non-manageable hairs. Amazingly thinning scissors allow for thinning the coats with natural regularity.
We believe that a thinning shear make the job easy especially when it comes to groom long furry friend.
How To Find Best Thining Shears for Dogs?
As a dog owner, it’s unnecessary always to visit a groomer and pay his heavy dog grooming fee or for a haircut of your dog. You can groom your dog at home; it’s easy to see the groomer how he performs his job just two or three times; you can dog it yourself at home. But wait for proper grooming; you need proper grooming accessories and equipment, and thinning shear is one of them.
While having a standard scissor and a thinning shear along with a comb, you can give your dog’s hair the style that he deserves. It will allow you to groom your dog after short intervals to keep him in the shape and style that he needs to look beautiful.
Here are few things that you need to consider while buying a thinning shear:
- Smaller and Fine Teeth: It is best to blend and soften blunt lines and do not damage severely during a wrong move while grooming your dog at home. Finer teeth help you with five texturizing and a smooth finish. Usually, 15 to 20 teeth thinning shears for dogs are best.
- The Right Size: also helpful to stay easy while grooming the dog; the right size allows better control and allows you to pick the right quantity of hairs during a single snip.
- Made of Steel: the material counts a lot as a good quality material allows to cut every hair between blades. So, go for high-quality steel-made thinning shears for dogs.
- Easy Grip: usually, shears are designed with an innovative look and remain easy and comfortable during use, but you still need to make sure it has an easy grip.
We think that alongside consider all of the above factors you also need to consider the type of hairs that your dog has that you need to cut. It will help you decide better for a thinning shear, might you settle on the lightest option when you have to groom the hairs around the eyes only.
1. Laazar Pro Shears Thinning Pet Grooming Shear
- Smooth and professional design.
- Comfortable and futuristic grip.
- Comfortable rings are also removable.
- Made of Japanese stainless steel.
The hair cut off your dog may take up to 30 minutes, and an uncomfortable thinning shear will tire your hands, and you may feel pain. But Laazar Pro Shears are designed with a handle and jelled removable rings; it provides a comfortable grip while grooming. It is a design that reduces stress on the hands during grooming.
We recommend this thinning shear for dogs most because it is the right size of 6.5 inches and has sharp teeth. Finger rest is another feature that we like most, its material makes it long last, and there will be no need to sharp it for every haircut. Thanks to Japanese 450C stainless steel that makes this thinning shear a one-time investment.
2. JASON 7″ 21-Teeth Chunkers Shears for Dogs
- Only Shear that Comes with a one-year guarantee.
- Innovative T-shaped teeth.
- Ideal for giving a soft and natural finish.
- Designed for the superior cutting action.
ASON Chunkers Shears for Dogs is a professional-grade scissor equipped with the start of art T-shaped teeth. It provides a soft and natural look while cutting. It pushes away the hairs from the cutting blade. The design allows using this thinning shear on the ear, heads as well as on legs.
Hardened Japanese 440C steel is used in its construction that provides a superbly sharp convex edge for superior and smooth cutting any time and any hair.
We recommend it for snag-free grooming and based on its ergonomic features. Its slightly bent down thumb provides a comfortable grip, so your hand will not pain even if you spend half an hour on dog grooming. Moreover, it’s a lightweight thinning shear that is perfect for beginners or home groomers.
3. Professional Pet Grooming Scissors
- A cost-effective solution.
- Most durable and sharp solutions.
- Blades are made with stainless steel.
- Equipped with molded handles.
It’s a complete package in which you will get a standard small scissor and a thinning scissor, so this is a deal that will make you able to groom your dog at home. In case you are a beginner, you need this small scissor and thinning scissor for your dog.
The small size allows to nicely trim the hairs around the eyes and ears and be used to cut the hairs on the legs and belly.
We recommend this rustproof thinning and standard shear for small dogs who need a haircut so often. It is designed to reduce the friction to shear the pet hair breezily. It’s ideal for those dogs who have many hairs on the face; these small shears are suitable for trimming those.
An environment friendly and non-toxic product that is smooth to use and free from any wear-tear.
4. Professional Thinning Scissors with Toothed Blade
- A premium quality one-time solution.
- Made for professional grooming.
- It comes with 28 teeth that give a fine finish.
- Ideal for grooming long fur dogs.
Many manufacturers are making thinning shears for the dog, but only a few of them invest in the research and development of products; Pet Magasin is one. This is why thousands of dog owners trusted this shear for grooming their dog, and they are expresses that it’s an ideal solution to make the long fur manageable.
It’s designed to give the perfect touch to the grooming finish; naturally, it gives a thinning blend to long and short fur without compromising the beauty of fur that looks the same after thinning.
High-quality steel is used in its construction to be sharpened multiple times, and due to the quality and durable material, it will virtually last forever. We found that its fine edges last for a much longer time than other products on our list.
The number of teeth is increased in this thinning shear for the dog to avoid a choppy look, while on the other side, its grips are molded to fit either right or left hand. This capability you will hardly find in any other similar product.
5. Pet Thinning Shears,Made of Japanese 440C Stainless Steel
- Well-engineered structures provide precision control.
- The design ensures minimum risk during grooming.
- Ideal for grooming a dog at home.
- Recommend for DIY grooming of dogs.
All of us want our dogs to look beautiful and dashing, which leaves a positive image on others, and it’s only possible VIA proper and regular grooming. Here comes the second aspect into play: buying equipment and accessories to groom a dog.
Thinning shear is one of the important pieces of equipment on the list, especially if you have a dog with long fur either on one part of his body. The product in the spotlight is designed for beginners and professionals to groom at home.
Ideally, it can be used to adjust the lines and refine your modeling. After pruning, thinning shear helps a groomer make hairs more manageable, natural, and beautiful.
We recommend it as the best thinning shear for dog grooming at home because it provides the best grip and control that boosts the confidence that you can dog it at home.
6. Yeahbudddy Pet Grooming Scissors with Straight Thinning Blade
- Make grooming easy with its futuristic design.
- Provide clean and smooth cutting.
- It can snip through the thickest fur.
- Ergonomic and comfortable design.
Yeahbudddy is a trusted brand; thousand of dog owners already trusted their grooming products, and there is a large number of groomers who recommend this thinning shear. The highest quality Japanese stainless steel is used in its construction, which is considered durable and long-lasting.
The Thickest fur and toughest tangles can be cut with just a single snip, and it’s comfortable to hold and operate thanks to innovative design. Either you are a professional groomer or a home groomer, this thinning shear for dogs will be the ultimate solution to groom your dog.
It provides security protection even when you are cutting tapered end tips and eye lines. Easily, you can give shape to your dog’s hair on the face, ears, eyes, nose, paws, or body. We recommend it because it is made of surgical steel and its blades can be sharpened again and again.
7. TIJERAS Chunker Shears for Pet Grooming
- Rotating thumb design.
- Relieve tension and pressure.
- Extra Comfortable finger rest.
- Comes with a titanium finish.
Some dogs compel owners to do more for them, especially the toy breeds. Owners of toy breeds always look for options that look stylish, beautiful, and futuristic that appeal to others. The TIJERAS thinning shear is one of them; it’s durable and elegant-looking shear, which can serve you for a more extended period.
It comes with a fully rotating thumb that provides relief from tension and eliminates pressure on the hand. A beautiful black finish with silver starts gives it a look that you will like most.
Either it’s an initial cut or a final finish to your dog’s hair is an ideal solution to use at any place on the body of your dog.
8. RUBOLD Professional Dog Grooming Scissors Set
- Comprehensive grooming kit for dogs.
- Razer sharp blades.
- Made with the finest quality of steel.
- Comes with extra finger rest.
Either you groom your dog regularly or occasionally, you need all the necessary grooming accessories. With these accessories, just a thinning shear cannot provide the required results. The product in the spotlight is a combination of different types of shears needed to groom a dog.
These 6 inches and 7 inches shears provide the ability to give your dog a look that he deserves and as it is in your mind. The bonus steel grooming comb will help you in removing matted and tangled hairs easily.
The one reason for our recommendation is its satisfaction guarantee; yes, it comes with 10 years satisfaction guarantee.
A dog hair cut’s actual purpose is to get rid of damaged hair; these are simple scissors with twists instead of two blades that give thick and textures hair and easy and make them more manageable. They do not cause any damage, breakage, and split ends. It’s an amazing tool when used correctly.
Yes, Thinking shears are designed with same notches on one side, while texturing shears have textured style notches.
There are a lot of thinning shears for dogs are available in the market but only a few are made to last for long period and those are easy to use and remain comfortable during grooming. Here we review the best available options you can choose anyone that seems best to you from up listed thinning shears.